Fender Strat single coil (bridge) favorites

So my Kinman E69 is being delivered today! I can't seem to find a simple color wiring diagram that corresponds with Fender. Two wires. Can anyone tell me? i just plan a basic wire splice and need to match right wires. I've looked online but there are just a lot of more complex diagrams out there.
Red wire from E69 to pickup selector, the other to ground.

I'm so used to working with humbucking guitars. Pickup just arrived an hour ago. So its just a hot and ground then by the looks of it and the ground is tied off midway on the lead. there's a spare lead here included it seems. I'm sure once I open up my Strat and look at the guts I'll have a better idea .
edit: the more im looking at it the more straightforward I believe this will be. Found schematic on Kinman site. the split in the lead is the ground that goes to terminal in the volume pot and the hot to the pickup selector as @JoKeR III mentioned. Surgery on the Strat is slated for Wednesday! day off mess around with the solder iron. Always a fun thing.

Attachments

• kinman pickup.jpeg
    kinman pickup.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
JB Jr in the bridge works pretty well for me in my EOB strat. Lots of power, humbucker quiet, still clucks a bit in the 2 position on the 5-way switch.

I have some stacked Seymour Duncan single coils here I've been meaning to put into an offset build that are silent, but supposed to be still single coil'ish. We'll see....

I have the same. And wired so you use it as a single coil in the 2 position. I had it as the humbucker in the 2 in the beginning, but I really wanted that thinner so I switched to single.

I put Mothers Milk pickups by Bare Knuckle Pickups in my Fender Mexican Strat.

I really like them, they sound like a Strat should but with everything on full (if you know what I mean).

Listened to some clips for the Mothers milk pups. Real nice sounding. I need to play around a bit more with my pickup height. I simply matched the height of the yosemite that was there before but read the Kinmans have better tolerance to being closer to strings. Not as much magnetic pull. Also, since getting the guitar restrung etc , i'm getting some buzz on high e string around fret 12-13. I had noticed the middle pickup was bottoming the string out when id fret 12-14 on the high E. maybe i somehow fudged the middle pickup but don't recall even touching it. Or my high e saddle got knocked down a bit? got a few things to adjust either way

I would guess the saddles have slipped, It happens easily on vintage bent saddles. Some people get me to put thread lock on the screws on those. You don't need to thread lock them but you should have a quality action measure to keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom