quilttop1

Here are a few new demos with the Axe-FXII Quantum 1.02 FW. What continues to amaze me about this bottomless little black box of stunning tone is that fact that while it's endlessly tweakable, all tweaks remain, well, "musical". There is a useable (and mighty useful) sound to be gotten out of every amp and effect, all of which can be put to mighty good dutiful use both on stage and in studio.

These particular recordings occurred over the last two days, and feature a Fender 1960 Strat (DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge with Fat 50's single coils in the middle and neck) and Gibson Les Paul Custom (Burstbucker Pro in the bridge, DiMarzio Fast Track II in the neck). The rhythm tracks for both songs were recorded using the bridge pickups, and the solos were tracked using the neck pickups. Friedman models (Dirty Shirley for rhythm & HBE100 for solos) are featured prominently for the higher gain sounds, with Fender VibroVerb and Deluxe models used for the clean/effected tones.

I'm not a pro player, and never will be. But the fact that I can get THIS kind of sound at home into ProTools, instead of sitting in a recording studio with a clock ticking away dollars spent, is just this side of stunning. This is hands' down the best money I've ever spent on equipment!

Thank you! The drums were created via EZ Drummer software; their proprietary midi files calling out to rather meticulously recorded acoustic drum samples. I love using it!

Back
Top Bottom