Fender Select Stratocaster > Friedman Be > Ownhammer Mesa Cab (FW15.02)

elbartoPL

Hi to all! :)
This is my first post on Fractal forum :) In a month I will be recording full album with my band (all guitars and basses from Axe FX II), so I’m trying to get really good sound.
Please tell me what do you think about my tone:

I’m using Friedman Be with Ownhammer (412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN). Do you think it's missing some depth in it?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I noticed a bit of a thinness before i read your comment about the same, but i think it the 'context' within the mix that makes it seem so.
In other words, the bed tracks may be a rather thick, and this is making the lead track sound thin, (of coarse).
If you were to 'slot' the instrument frequencies 'around' the guitar tone, i bet you could make the guitar sound thick without even changing the guitar tone at all.
Just a thought...
Good luck with the album. :encouragement:

I think the single coil neck tone sounds pretty thin and biting.... bridge tone is sitting well.

Agree with this , your playing and style is incredible IMO those single coils are a little thin and buzzy
I would love to hear this with that big Arena rock lead sound SLO you shred

Just bought brand new Yamaha HS-80 studio monitors and now I know how bad my sound is.
I also know how amazing can it sound after listening to some factory patches.;) My next record will be muuuuuch more better;)

Great playing... we need more strat players here...

...with that said, Ownhammer IR captures have never sounded deep enough to me and I'm a single coil strat player.

Reactions: Cem
Great playing... we need more strat players here...

...with that said, Ownhammer IR captures have never sounded deep enough to me and I'm a single coil strat player.

Thank you for you kind words! :)
Can you recommend any other IR captures, please? :)

Thanks! I will check it out!

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Another good method is to mix your own IR captures ( you can simply do this by putting two Cab blocks in the patch). Then use two IRs using different mics like the famous combo of SM57 and R121s. The SM57 for the bite and punch and the R121 for the low soft warmth. This seems to add a lot of depth to the sound.

Another good method is to mix your own IR captures ( you can simply do this by putting two Cab blocks in the patch). Then use two IRs using different mics like the famous combo of SM57 and R121s. The SM57 for the bite and punch and the R121 for the low soft warmth. This seems to add a lot of depth to the sound.

Thanks! I will definitely check it out!:)

Back
Top Bottom