Fender Jason Isbell Telecaster! Anyone Own One Of These?

I've never played one but it looks like a nice one. If it ticks your interest, I say get it.

Hi guys,

So the guitar arrived with me on tues this week, I haven't had much time with it to be honest but I did plug it into the Axe and played for a few hours with it. First impressions, I was quite impressed with how it looked and played and the neck's shape is very comfortable for me anyway.

Out of the box it is playable but the intonation from the saddles isn't very good and it was going out of tune quite a lot and when I put a capo on the 1st or 2nd fret it needed to be retuned to pitch. I was watching Mick's vid from that pedal show and he bought the exact same guitar and I took his advice and bought some Callaham vintage compensated brass saddles. I've just cleaned up the guitar and fretboard etc and installed the new saddles and what a difference it makes. Its all intonated now after a setup it stays in tune and when putting a capo on there's no need to retune anymore.

I'm not sure how long the old strings were on there for and who's played it but what a difference it's made. If you guys are after a fairly priced tele then I'd say go for this one! I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. And I usually go for the custom shop stuff.

I swapped the white pickup toggle cap for a black one and I think it looks better!

Enjoy!

PaulIMG_0173.jpegIMG_0175.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I've always liked those sunburst Tele Customs with the binding. Elegant, I think, understated and classy, still looks like it could get rude.

How is the fretwork? From the pictures, it looks pretty smooth on the ends, but that can be difficult to tell without hands on the neck.

Congrats!! Beautiful guitar!!

Nice! I've always liked those sunburst Tele Customs with the binding. Elegant, I think, understated and classy, still looks like it could get rude.

How is the fretwork? From the pictures, it looks pretty smooth on the ends, but that can be difficult to tell without hands on the neck.

Congrats!! Beautiful guitar!!
Thank you, appreciate the comments. I agree very underrated and it does sound like you'd expect it too. The bridge pickup is similar to a pickup in Jason's 65' tele so he says in his rig rundown. Frets seem pretty good to me, I've not noticed any sharpness or them being uncomfortable.

I've added the links to Mick's vid and also Jason's rig rundown.

Back
Top Bottom