Fender "G" amp models in Q1 firmware don't seem as "Quantum"?

barhrecords

Axe-Master
My Concert 6G12 preset didn't really change for me after 19.x -> Q1.

So I did a little poking around last night.

Both the 6G12 and the other "G", the 6G4 amp model, don't seem as improved as the other Fender models?

Specifically the 59 bass guy and 65 bass guy and the twin, wow I can hear a feel a big difference between 19.x and Q1. With these I "get" the Quantum remarks posted in the forum.

But not so much the "G" fenders.

Anyone else using the "G" fenders in quantum and what are your findings?

Weren't those models already fantastic before though ?

The Concert G has always been one of my go to amps for a very clean, clean tone.

Not sure how it could really be improved much yet still retain its very clean character

I haven't touched the G models since the 5F8 Tweed Twin was added. It sounded fantastic before and still does. I did notice an improvement in feel with the Quantum beta, it felt more reactive. There was no noticeable difference for me on this amp between the beta and 1.0.

The Concert hadn't been g3'd. It was my favorite clean amp before g3 happened then it was kinda flat after g3. I'm not sure what quantum has done since I haven't tried it in a while.

i've used the Concert for my clean sound since it was introduced. it doesn't sound any worse to me than before. i think improvement on clean sounds isn't as noticeable as on gain sounds, but it definitely feels good - better than before - at gig volume to me.

The Concert G didn't get worse for me in Quantum. And I've tried a large selection of IR's.

The Concert G just didn't improve like the Twin and other Fenders.

Just an observation not a complaint :) Sorry to ruffle any feathers of the defenders of the realm. :)

The Concert G didn't get worse for me in Quantum. And I've tried a large selection of IR's.

The Concert G just didn't improve like the Twin and other Fenders.

Just an observation not a complaint :) Sorry to ruffle any feathers of the defenders of the realm. :)

I've noticed the same to some extent- some amps really seemed to come alive or improve with Quantum while others didn't seem to change much (and I use Fender models a lot and noted this w/ the Concert G specifically like you). Nothing sounds worse or bad.. just that some amps really improved (for my preferences) while others stayed where they were.

Back
Top Bottom