Fender FR 12

TaylorU

Just wanted to hop on here and say I recently purchased a Fender FR12 from Amazon and had to return it due to the hiss.

I contacted Fender directly and was able to buy one direct from them (cheaper), and it came last week.

This thing kicks so much ass. I love it. I am a Country player predominantly, but everything from clean to mean sound amazing. If you're on the fence, trust me do it. I have tried them all (except Friedman) and this speaker is hands down the best I have tried.

I just put a FR10 in play a few weeks ago. I have to 100% agree. Sounds amazing and the ability to fine tune for the room with the top controls is great. It's light and very loud if needed.

Yes the FR12 is great best monitor I’ve had with my Fractal Unit. Only thing it is quite large I wondered if the FR10 would have been a more compact solution and just as good sound wise? I think us guitarists are obsessed with 12” speakers😀

Yes the FR12 is great best monitor I’ve had with my Fractal Unit. Only thing it is quite large I wondered if the FR10 would have been a more compact solution and just as good sound wise? I think us guitarists are obsessed with 12” speakers😀
I went 10, it is very light and compact and gets as loud as you could need. Can cover the bottom end very nice too.
Very good choice if you gig a lot for sure. :)

I am also pretty fond of the 10s and 12s
Except for the stock preamp... that sucks balls.
Haha! In fairness the stock preamp sounds good even with the hiss. A lot of people wouldn't even notice some of the other issues.

The other issues do exist though. So...yeah, you're still kinda right. 😂

Haha! In fairness the stock preamp sounds good even with the hiss. A lot of people wouldn't even notice some of the other issues.

The other issues do exist though. So...yeah, you're still kinda right. 😂
They do sound really good out of the box. If they had the hiss fixed, I would have not gone through with a replacement pre. Im glad that I did though. It sounds pretty great now.

Back
Top Bottom