Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Just wanted to update everyone. Out in north LA (Thousand Oaks) instrumental music had a new shipment of the fr10 and fr12s. Clerk said they got the shipment a couple days ago.

They had some demo/floor units from the new shipment.

Pretty quiet, I have no reference to the dreaded hiss in person that many have reported but they definitely didn’t have that hiss that I’ve heard from clips online. Both the fr10 and fr12.

Seemed very quiet to me with nothing plugged in. Small ambient noise, no louder than a computer fan would be gone by raising the cut knob.

I ended up taking an fr12 that I was able to demo home with me. Will put it through its paces.

Out in north LA (Thousand Oaks) instrumental music had a new shipment of the fr10 and fr12s. Clerk said they got the shipment a couple days ago.
Uh oh. I just sold some photo equipment to maybe fund a second FR. The Oxnard GC doesn’t have any so I thought maybe I’d make a wise financial decision and stay mono. Guess maybe I’ll be taking a road trip.

Awesome! Thank you. Would you say for a “flat setting” it would be similar to the FR-12?

Treble - 6
Middle - 6.5
Bass - 2.5
Cut - 1

Is China still on break? Just wondering
They are coming back online.
The beta testers have the first two V2s in the wild. When we are through giving them all they can handle ... it goes to production.

I have piles of parts that have been coming in, and some more on order.

It's moving along nicely. Slow and steady. 😁

But the first word back is that they sound great. I am having them put a resistor change in. But it looks like a go for launch.

My FR-12 came in today. I don't know how this is possible but I'm both very satisfied and underwhelmed at the same time.

Pros: It moves air! Gets decently loud (I'll be getting another). Mine has 0 hiss... like none at all.
Cons: I'm having a little trouble with clarity in the mids, but I think I can dial that issue out. I want spray paint it, or mod the grillcloth... just need to find the post in this thread somewhere :).

Very much looking forward to the upgraded preamp mod.

Back
Top Bottom