Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

Correction: DON'T get SORA to make it as it might show connecting the wrong connectors up. Don't want anyone to get electrocuted or blown up. (WK: unless all the connectors are idiot proof)

EDIT: Are Arcs a good thing? :)
Arcs? ..Only when the V2 hovers over the phoenix skyline like an alien overlord in a dystopian F-corp nightmare. 🤣

IMG_1609.jpeg

My connectors are pretty much idiot proof. The stock 3 power ones need to be placed in the right plugs and can be idiot prone.

Last edited:
Hate 'em. Most are poorly done, with tons of conversational verbiage that slows you down and then not nearly enough about the one critical thing that needs explanation....

Text, diagrams, and photos FTW.
-the youtube on making an ir was incredible.
-a youtube on changing the battery in a 2010 mac pro laptop helped me and it was great
-etc etc etc

you just must be hanging around the wrong video tutorials

Oh?? Drama?? I haven't been keeping up. Just checked back and apparently I left off that thread on page 6 of 45. Care to give a quick summary? I do NOT feel like reading all those pages 😂

Thread summary:
All possible misconstruences of "Soft reset" and "Hard reset" in a blender, with a base liquid of confusion to hold it in suspension.

Very little bug reporting, which bodes well.

People hate video tutorials because bad video tutorials exist? Damn.

There are countless of vide tutorials that are godsends. I’ve been able to fix pretty much everything around the house (maybe not to code) thanks to YouTube.

So yes the world needs more video tutorials but let’s not lose sight of the important issues.

The V2 is almost here

There are countless of vide tutorials that are godsends. I’ve been able to fix pretty much everything around the house (maybe not to code) thanks to YouTube.

So yes the world needs more video tutorials but let’s not lose sight of the important issues.

The V2 is almost here
I may just have yours built before the weekend. Easter is a crazy week for a FOH engineers though.

The V2 is almost here
You must be on the other tail of the bell curve, hitting mostly decent ones....

or maybe it’s like the movie idiocracy. They all look great to me

Hey, if it's working for you, all the best to you. I have a hard time learning from video format, for the reasons I mentioned, as well as the constant distraction of having to pause/rewind or pause/ketchup. :)

got the thing today. with no input, there is a very low hiss on the fr-12.
but nothing that would disturb me, especially while my (too old too loud)
computer is running. i would assume the factory fix is in there.
i am not opening it up yet, because i am thinking about the fr-10. the fr-12
turned out bigger than i thought it would (yeah, i could have figured that out earlier)
btw, does the v2 fit in the fr-10? if not, i would go with the big one of course :)

turned out bigger than i thought it would (yeah, i could have figured that out earlier)
btw, does the v2 fit in the fr-10? if not, i would go with the big one of course :)
Yes, the V2 fits in both the FR-10 and FR-12 nicely

I received mine also today (Germany, not from Thomann but from a dealer that was out of stock for quite a while).

Mine definitely has some hiss. I don‘t know what is considered to be „low“ but if I understood correctly there are newer units existing that are nearly dead quiet. I would compare the hiss to the hiss of my Adam Audio T7V monitors (maybe they are I bit quieter).

But nonetheless I must admit that this thing sounds killer.

I received mine also today (Germany, not from Thomann but from a dealer that was out of stock for quite a while).

Mine definitely has some hiss. I don‘t know what is considered to be „low“ but if I understood correctly there are newer units existing that are nearly dead quiet. I would compare the hiss to the hiss of my Adam Audio T7V monitors (maybe they are I bit quieter).

But nonetheless I must admit that this thing sounds killer.
Ok, tried the FR-12 again in the evening in a quieter room. The hiss from the Adam Audio T7Vs is definitely way lower. So I guess in a quiet environment the FR-12's hiss is annoying me more than I initially thought it would.

Back
Top Bottom