Fender Deluxe Reverb preset clip

Deaj

Experienced
I built a Fender Deluxe Reverb preset this morning that sounds pretty good to my ears. I thought I'd post a little audio here to see what you guys think. I'm trying to work only with the stock IR's for the time being so this preset uses the '1x12 Black' IR and the '421 DYN' mic sim. I have a spring reverb on. The clip is just some random stuff (used a PRS JH guitar) starting with some open chords on the neck pickup (split), then both, then the bridge, bringing the volume up for each. Then some single notes on the low strings (neck then bridge), then the high strings (neck then bridge), then with a TS808 in front of the amp (bridge pickup).

Here's the clip:
Deluxe Reverb - Soundcloud link

....and here's the patch:

Attachments

• Deluxe Reverb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I've got a Princeton Reverb that I've offered up for modeling, but not taken. Also offered 58 Tweed Deluxe. Would love those modeled. Will have to see how they profile or whatever it's called when it comes out. Those 2 amps would be in my top 5 headed to the proverbial desert island, though at this point, my Axe II would be #1. Let's hope there's electricity on the island.

I've got a Princeton Reverb that I've offered up for modeling, but not taken. Also offered 58 Tweed Deluxe. Would love those modeled. Will have to see how they profile or whatever it's called when it comes out. Those 2 amps would be in my top 5 headed to the proverbial desert island, though at this point, my Axe II would be #1. Let's hope there's electricity on the island.

I'd love to see those amps modeled. Good luck with the profiling if/when that's available. Maybe there ought to be some kind of group for guys who don't really care too much about all the high gain patches that seem to dominate most of the Axe discussion.

For the OP: I thought the clip sounded really nice. Keep it up. How much do you have to push the Deluxe Reverb to get it to break up? Or was all of that break up with the 808 engaged?

I'd love to see those amps modeled. Good luck with the profiling if/when that's available. Maybe there ought to be some kind of group for guys who don't really care too much about all the high gain patches that seem to dominate most of the Axe discussion.

For the OP: I thought the clip sounded really nice. Keep it up. How much do you have to push the Deluxe Reverb to get it to break up? Or was all of that break up with the 808 engaged?

Thanks! :)

Everything but the last 10 seconds or so is without the TS808 engaged. The master volume is at 9.00 and the drive is at 7.93 in this clip. This preset has more clean headroom than I remember a DR having and, with the drive at 10.00 there's perhaps more overdrive than a DR. Give the attached preset a go and let me know what you think. I'm not entirely sold on the '1x12 Black' IR after experimenting with some of the RedWire Deluxe Reverb IR's but it works pretty well just the same.

If improvements can be made to this preset I'd welcome them. I'm simply going off familiar recordings and memory (haven't played through a DR in years).

Next project: Buttery (love this model!)

Amp block: details of all models - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Maybe there ought to be some kind of group for guys who don't really care too much about all the high gain patches that seem to dominate most of the Axe discussion.

The high gainers dominate the Axe discussions because that's where the unit excels. I'm always happy to hear guys posting clips of their clean patches, especially when they're Fender patches.

The high gainers dominate the Axe discussions because that's where the unit excels.

That's been my general impression, too, but I've heard some nice AC15/30 stuff from users, as well as this Deluxe clip and a few others. Anyway, I wonder how many Axe 2 users would agree with your assessment?

I think high-gain players gravitate toward the Axe 2 b/c it has so much stuff that they can use; it's probably a match made in heaven. But there's a lot of other stuff on tap in the box, too. I just haven't heard enough clips yet from that other side of the tonal spectrum.

I still don't own an Axe 2 yet...I'm just an interested observer at this point, I guess.

Thanks.

That's been my general impression, too, but I've heard some nice AC15/30 stuff from users, as well as this Deluxe clip and a few others. Anyway, I wonder how many Axe 2 users would agree with your assessment?

I think high-gain players gravitate toward the Axe 2 b/c it has so much stuff that they can use; it's probably a match made in heaven. But there's a lot of other stuff on tap in the box, too. I just haven't heard enough clips yet from that other side of the tonal spectrum.

I still don't own an Axe 2 yet...I'm just an interested observer at this point, I guess.

Thanks.

Well, at one point, I wanted to buy the II (I have the Ultra). I had no doubt about what the II would sound like with high gain amp models. So clips of cleans are what I was mostly waiting for on this forum when the II was finally released. I like the way the OP recorded his clip to demonstrate the dynamic aspect of his patch, with minimal FX. That's a great way to proceed.

In the end, I went a completely different way than the Axe-Fx II though, the reason being the cleans. For that, I'm back to my amps and heads.

Back
Top Bottom