Fender American Pro II Telecaster Deluxe Maple

I love this guitar and I love the bright ness of it, but the pickups are way too microphonic as I’m strictly a mod to high gain player, and you’re just not getting past that feedback. Must also add I’m just a bridge player and don’t touch the neck.

I primarily play just old pop punk (yes I know, it’s massively layered) but I’d like to see if any have pickup recommendations to keep this Humbucker clarity as much as these tele Humbucker, but with no microphonic, for all the fast single notes, and the many octaves use.

Price isn’t an issue either, as I spent a ton on this, but I truly feel like I 1 good pickup away from having my dream guitar, of course with my dream Fractal products.

Thanks for all the opinions

Is it a humbucker model? Pickups shouldnt be microphonic at all.

If its heavy feedback my guess is too much gain, unless the pickup is indeed microphonic at which point Fender should be doing warranty work (if bought new).

What type of feedback are you getting? Is it actually musical type of feedback or is it squealing like a stuck pig no matter what type of feedback.

Definitely like a big. If I’ve gotten close enough, feedback when I’m not even touching the strings.

Lots of when I mute the strings. I’ve watched videos and seen forum posts on other sites. Seems to be a common issue. They sound great so would love to find something similar that wouldn’t be as much as an issue.

As fair as gain I’m around a 3 on most presets. Just liking that chimney hi gain sound

It sounds like your pickups are microphonic, as others have indicated. If you like the tone of the existing pickups, you could see if someone locally can wax pot them for you. I had to do that with my strat pickups after years of gigging, and it made them better than new.

I am a fan of Fralin and Lollar pickups in my telecasters, with Duncan Antiquity Series a close follow. Based on the style of music you indicate you play, I'd recommend a humbucker, but you might also check out the P90 options available, as they'll have a nice tight snarl when driven.

Those Fender pickups are unpotted. You could soak them in a pot of melted wax. It may cure your problem.
Otherwise, I'd recommend a Suhr Thornbucker II bridge / Thornbucker neck combo.

If i'm not mistaken the pickups on those guitars are "wide range humbuckers". Those are slightly larger than normal humbuckers, so if you want to replace them with something the same size the replacement would need to be wide range humbuckers as well.

Wide range humbuckers are also usually clearer sounding than regular humbuckers, so if you like that sound, but want them more stable you could try Lollars "Regal" that is their take on a Wide range:

https://www.lollarguitars.com/lollar-humbucker-pickups/regal-humbucker

Back
Top Bottom