Fender Aerodyne

Jipps0525

Power User
Anyone have any thoughts on these? Seeing some of these MIJ guitars sell for $599 which is really good based on what I’ve read about the guitars. Thinking about selling a couple ESPs I don’t really play and picking one of these up but wanted to hear some fractal peeps opinions

ANY guitar at any price can be amazing, but judging based on some recent struggles with their guitars priced at 2x or more, I'd predict it will be very hit and miss. I'd want to play several and choose the one that speaks to me, and even then, set aside a bit of extra cash to send it to a luthier to be set up.

I own a Strat version of the MIJ Aerodyne series and I really like it. It's a basic super Strat (HSS) configuration with a very thin, fast neck. All the pickups sound great through the AXE FX. I just wish I would have waited till they went on sale to get one, I paid about $1400 for mine about 18 months ago, oh well.

I own a Strat version of the MIJ Aerodyne series and I really like it. It's a basic super Strat (HSS) configuration with a very thin, fast neck. All the pickups sound great through the AXE FX. I just wish I would have waited till they went on sale to get one, I paid about $1400 for mine about 18 months ago, oh well.
Does the single coil have less output than the humbucker?

Where are these $599?
I see $999 at GC, only local place I've found that has one.
Oddly enough, there's a used one for the same-as-new price.

Does the single coil have less output than the humbucker?
The pickups are fairly well balanced in my opinion, of course the humbucker is a bit beefier and will drive the signal more than the single coils. I spend most of my time using either the humbucker or the neck pickups and they are well balanced. I have the dolphin gray one with a rosewood board, and I also really like the look of the matching headstock.

Interesting. They have a few other colors, and a bunch of other instruments, various brands.

Let us know what you think when it arrives.
Will do! For the record, I am not expecting much. I mainly pulled the trigger because I enjoy HSS without a double locking trem and I have two other guitars in the same price range that I can sell and keep the extra cash. But from everything I’ve heard this guitar might be better than those!

Looks cool! Same question, is there a drop in output between the humbucker and single coils? Also, how well does it stay in tune? It’s not a double locking trem right?
The p/u's are balance as TremoloFan stated. I never had the original neck, bought only the body and I changed the trem, so I can't answer your tuning question.

Will do! For the record, I am not expecting much. I mainly pulled the trigger because I enjoy HSS without a double locking trem and I have two other guitars in the same price range that I can sell and keep the extra cash. But from everything I’ve heard this guitar might be better than those!

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised to amazed.

I have owned $2K Ibanez MIJ Prestiage models and this Aerodyne is in that class. For $599 and tax it is a steal.

I should have bought 2 and one of the Teles. 🤣

The Aerodynes are not Refurbs/B Stocks. Just think they didn't sell, and that shop purchased all of the overstock.
You know that how?

The product description says the seller is a refurbisher...

Not that I really care all that much either way as it's a great price!

It got delivered to my folks house today!! I will be going there on Saturday for Xmas stuff for a few days. I’m 31, but I just know for sure I’m gonna get hit with a, “Hey get downstairs your family is here!” After being in my room playing for hours on Xmas 😂

Back
Top Bottom