Feedback simulation - is it possible to fade in pitch block mix with a control switch?

I was able to get something that worked for me in one of my commercial presets by using a Filter block (Level at 10 dB to goose the Drive more), a Drive block (T808 Mod Drive @10, Level @5), a Pitch block (Chromatic model, one voice only @+19, for a one octave + a fifth), and a Filter block (Highshelf @1000Hz). All in a parallel path before the Amp block with a Scene controller attached to several parameters to 'morph' it in using the Attack parameters in the modifier windows.

I have a feeling that the 'Freqout' pedal is also pitch based with a pitch follower to dial in on the current pitch for regeneration, among other things?? I haven't gotten my hands on one to experiment with it to see if I can crack what's going on for myself.

E-Bow. If only I had an extra arm...
True. If you've got a hand available for it, I'd rank the sound of an ebow right there with a sustainiac, between the Freqout and true acoustic coupled feedback. The feedback preset I posted above comes close to a Freqout, but I'm still keeping my Freqout :).

I was able to get something that worked for me in one of my commercial presets by using a Filter block (Level at 10 dB to goose the Drive more), a Drive block (T808 Mod Drive @10, Level @5), a Pitch block (Chromatic model, one voice only @+19, for a one octave + a fifth), and a Filter block (Highshelf @1000Hz). All in a parallel path before the Amp block with a Scene controller attached to several parameters to 'morph' it in using the Attack parameters in the modifier windows.

I have a feeling that the 'Freqout' pedal is also pitch based with a pitch follower to dial in on the current pitch for regeneration, among other things?? I haven't gotten my hands on one to experiment with it to see if I can crack what's going on for myself.
Hey Moke. Which Preset? I just bought 20 of your artist/song presets. I'm wondering if it's one of the ones I bought. I definitely want to dig into what you did and check it out.

Can you share that block I would love to be able to have a feedbacker on lead stuff
Here ya go! I'm still pretty new to building my own presets, but there's supposedly some mojo that happens when you put the comp before the pitch block (I haven't experimented yet to see what happens if I take the comp block out). The mix on both blocks is assigned to a control switch (I have it set up to be one of the hold functions [momentary switch] on my FC-12), so that I can get out of it with the least amount of tap dancing. As @KyleHowdy suggested at the beginning of this thread, I was able to adjust both the modifier attack and release, so now the feedback eases in and eases out as soon as I release the momentary switch. It sounds very natural IMO. As I said before, I got this idea from Mark Day's Recto preset, and maybe he got the idea from someone...

If you do get a chance to try @GlennO's method of using a Synth block instead, I would love to hear your opinion on the differences.

Attachments

• Feedback Sim_20230110_160804.blk
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Put B4 FeedBack Sim pitch block_20230110_160926.blk
    532 bytes · Views: 6
Hey Moke. Which Preset? I just bought 20 of your artist/song presets. I'm wondering if it's one of the ones I bought. I definitely want to dig into what you did and check it out.
Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell', scene 3. That Drive block is also doing the fuzz/synth thing in another scene via some routing tricks with Filter blocks and bypass states set to mute, Scene Controller set to specific channels only, etc.

Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell', scene 3. That Drive block is also doing the fuzz/synth thing in another scene via some routing tricks with Filter blocks and bypass states set to mute, Scene Controller set to specific channels only, etc.
That’s one I bought from you. I’ll check it out!

Back
Top Bottom