Feedback pedal

Oscarraap

Hi! I love the patch Fremen made for harmonic feedback, but unfortunately it does have limitations. My question is; can FAS develop a dedicated feedback simulator? That would be awesome!

In the real world feedback can have different sounds/pitches, but it's not easy to get them. It would be great to get different sounds using an exp pedal, much easier than in the real world. So this would not just benefit guys with headphones; it would offer greater control to anyone. And you could control the mix with a second exp pedal for example.

The current patch only has one sound, and depending on setup only works with lower or higher resister notes. In my opinion definitely room for improvement.

Let me know what you think!
Cheers!

weird this question has been asked like 4 times in the last week.
There is a thread on it, and it couldn't be much further than the first 2 pages in this section, look around, you'll find it.

Thanks, but I still believe a dedicated solution by the FAS team would be much better. Anything else is just a workaround in my opinion.

Cheers!

IF FAS programs a dedicated effect for this, improving on current possibillities, than I don't consider that a workaround.

Dude my request has nothing to do with physics, just programming...

It's clear to me you guys don't get what I'm talking about; that's ok! I just don't know how to explain better. Anyone else who has tried Fremen's patch and can see the potential for improvement?

Cheers!

Dude my request has nothing to do with physics, just programming...
It's clear to me you guys don't get what I'm talking about; that's ok! I just don't know how to explain better. Anyone else who has tried Fremen's patch and can see the potential for improvement?
Cheers!
I've tried programming something like this in Max/MSP. Considering you need the physical signal of the string, vibrating, running into the patch, coupled with parameters for both harmonics and time (in relation to the current signal)... it's a really difficult thing to "fake." That's why you'll find that things like Boss' old Feedbacker pedal just ends up sounding like a non-dynamic sine wave without any overtones.

Thanks for the responses, I thought about the vibesware, but it looks difficult to use with such close proximity to the fretboard. Looks very uncomfortable to me. And it only works head on, no angles, and it's expensive too.

I'm not an expert, I'm sure it's not easy to program. I would be glad to let FAS worry about that. FAS could have a go at it. Question is, do we want it?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom