[Not a bug] Feedback on bug

kavevester

Inspired
[This is the original post before starting this duplicate thread asking for a response.]

Still dosn't work. I'm using Cust. Shift. with a custom scale 1 in use. Lots og times it dos not shift to the new key when pressing the learn function (learn function is on a external switch connected to the MFC-101).

I know this for a fact since I can move up and down the fret, pitch on, and nothing happens but when editing the pitch to page 2 where the key in shown it works perfectly. Leaving the preset and coming back it dosn't work again. Try just activate pitch on this preset with out entering the shifter params from the front. Try different keys up and down and all the sudden it dosn't shift key. Entering the params page 2 and it works.

Please help with this since this is months ago I reported this and I use this feature. I will help with what ever you would like me to do or send to you just as we progress on this matter.

Here are the two presets I use with the problem/bug. (if it is a bug but really don't know what else could be wrong.

Using Q7.02beta Mar 18 2017

Attachments

• Hard Rythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Hellooooooooooo FAS

Anybody feel like responding to bugs reported? I have been d... patience here and starts to feel a little overheard. I have reported this bug since early january on several occassions but don't know if the bug has been read, validated, tested or whatever. The fix was a part of the new Q 7.02 beta version but IT DOS NOT WORK... At least give me some feedback if you think I'm some newbie that dosn't know how to operate the d... thing. Since it was a fix on newly released beta I cannot be that far from having a point here,.

Could you state some kind of "yeah we will look at it shortly so hold your horse dude" or just a hint about where this is going?

I need this function to work on stage surprisingly.

We've tried repeatedly to reproduce it and cannot. We can't fix something that doesn't appear to be broken.

Hellooooooooooo FAS

Anybody feel like responding to bugs reported? I have been d... patience here and starts to feel a little overheard. I have reported this bug since early january on several occassions but don't know if the bug has been read, validated, tested or whatever. The fix was a part of the new Q 7.02 beta version but IT DOS NOT WORK... At least give me some feedback if you think I'm some newbie that dosn't know how to operate the d... thing. Since it was a fix on newly released beta I cannot be that far from having a point here,.

Could you state some kind of "yeah we will look at it shortly so hold your horse dude" or just a hint about where this is going?

I need this function to work on stage surprisingly.

Make a video.

I'm going to merge threads so people have a clue about what's being discussed. The original post forced everyone to search to figure it out.

We've tried repeatedly to reproduce it and cannot. We can't fix something that doesn't appear to be broken.
Ok fair enough but then state that instead of I'm sitting here just waiting for some kind of feedback. Maybe you could have asked for some detail in the way I'm testing or whatever. In this way we are most certainly NOT going to find the bug right?!!?

Since there was a problem from start, reported by me, it seems as if you should spend some more time on this issue. You have reported that you have fixed this - so why fix something you cannot reproduce?? I'm just offering my help on this but cannot help if you just discard my observation and don't go into details about it (or so it seems at least).

I'll try to setup the learn function again (chose new midi ch etc..) and give you my "learnings" ... But the simple problem, just to narrow it down, is that it works when in edit mode from the front panel (page 2) and not stable when not.

Did you try it with the preset I uploaded here?
Did you punch in the cust scale in global?
Did you use the switch (external) through the MFC-101 MK1?

If not we are on different planets..

Getting angry and accusing the other party does not help.
I'll repeat: make a simple video with your phone to demonstrate the issue you're experiencing.

This is a forum for users of the gear. This is not the official support channel. While the creators and developers do share their knowledge here often, there is no requirement for them to respond to every thread, bug report or otherwise.

If you make a video, show the learn parameter's modifier screen on the Axe-FX display while you use the switch a few times. It would also be ideal to keep the Axe-FX in view to see if the MIDI In LED lights up when the problem occurs.

Hmm. A little thought on the switch which is a Boss FS-6 with setting of "Latch" or "Momentary". The MFC has (for switches) Auto, Toggle and Hardware. I'm experimenting with the toggle type since I want to hit the switch for 1 sec and then both midi on/off should be send.
But strange enough when setting the Boss to latch (press one time=1, press again=0) the learn function still toggles in Axe-edit????!

Maybe the problem is in this part of the setup.. The key still dosn't change with the modifier set all though it shifts from on to off. Only when removing the modifier and go to "none" the key updates when pressing learn. I have set it to external 1 (#014) and of cause use external 1 under modifier for the learn function.

I cannot make the video yet since I cannot control the camera successfully and playing and pressing on the MFC and showing Axe edit. Tried but hell that didn't help others to help me for sure. What a mess :) :) Musician not a movie maker...yet.

So question here could be - could it be in the hardware, switch type in relation to MFC setup?
More suitable switch besides this Boss with only Latch, Momentary (it should be ok)?
Why dos the Axe-edit toggle in the modifier display even with the Boss set to Latch ?

I'm not sure if I should remove this thread to another forum now I'm talking HW....

Do you want to press/release the switch once or twice to use the learn function?

Momentary hardware can trigger either momentary or latching style MIDI output, based on MFC setting. Latching hardware can only work as latching.

It would probably be best to set the switch to momentary mode, and try "toggle" and "hardware" settings on the MFC. Watch the modifier screen dot on the front panel to understand how each setting works.

This is a forum for users of the gear. This is not the official support channel. While the creators and developers do share their knowledge here often, there is no requirement for them to respond to every thread, bug report or otherwise.

I don't understand...
If I enter the main page for fractal audio and select "support", they suggest using the fractal forum and they include that fractal staff participate...and their response time is usually very fast. So I just don't understand your statement..."there is no requirement"

But look, no worries here...

Maybe there should be a note somewhere that says:
I know we encouraged you to come here first to post so as to figure out things that don't appear to work right, but if your question is not responded to appropriately in a week or so...feel free to enter a problem report here...directly to fractal support.

I don't understand...
If I enter the main page for fractal audio and select "support", they suggest using the fractal forum and they include that fractal staff participate...and their response time is usually very fast. So I just don't understand your statement..."there is no requirement"
Sure but they list Sales and Technical support first. Those are "official support." Fractal staff do participate here, but it is not official support as the public can chime in. That's why it says they "can" answer quickly, not that they "will." Just trying to clarify. Thanks!

If you make a video, show the learn parameter's modifier screen on the Axe-FX display while you use the switch a few times. It would also be ideal to keep the Axe-FX in view to see if the MIDI In LED lights up when the problem occurs.
I just wonder when I set the switch to latch (one push = on, one push more = off) and tried the 3 different modes on the MFC (HW,Auto, Toggle) and pres one time (on) the axe edit Learn button still goes on and then off again. Shouldn't it stay on then????? Learn should be on until the switch is pushed again.

Just wondering if my problems was in this relation (SW setup) and not a bug in the program. Just strange that FAS acknowledge problems in this area (and do a fix) and now they cannot re-produce any of it but exactly the same problem here at my end. Maybe FAS did not setup like my setup with the switch and MFC etc. etc. So now I have to look all in other areas cause we are not progressing with the bug theory (easy now......, - no pointing fingers here just a fact.)

I don't understand...

But look, no worries here...

Maybe there should be a note somewhere that says:
I know we encouraged you to come here first to post so as to figure out things that don't appear to work right, but if your question is not responded to appropriately in a week or so...feel free to enter a problem report here...directly to fractal support.
I think that would bring some sense into this bug forum. That's what I was trying earlier but no one seem to get it.

I just wonder when I set the switch to latch (one push = on, one push more = off) and tried the 3 different modes on the MFC (HW,Auto, Toggle) and pres one time (on) the axe edit Learn button still goes on and then off again. Shouldn't it stay on then????? Learn should be on until the switch is pushed again.

There are two parameters for each switch on the MFC. Did you verify the hardware type was set correctly? If your switch is set for momentary action, you need to tell the MFC it's a momentary switch. Then the other switch parameter determines latching vs. momentary MIDI output.

Are you closer to being able to make a video with a phone or anything? Seeing your switch settings on the MFC and the modifier screen while using the switch would give a better idea of what's happening.

I'm still not sure if you actually want to press the switch once or twice to use the learn function (activate & deactivate it, setting a new key note). The learn function works fine here so I'm guessing this is just a controller setup issue.

I think that would bring some sense into this bug forum. That's what I was trying earlier but no one seem to get it.
I don't know sir, Chris the moderator was nice and suggested that they list the support channels first before suggesting the forums. But I cannot understand why they would not encourage us to post here first with at least a minor disclaimer. So no worries, the answer is: open a ticket and start a direct conversation.

Ok thank you for giving your time to these problems which has ended up to be a periodic error in the Boss switch pedal (arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) and maybe also some setup confusion in the MFC. I have been through all settings (HW, Toggle, Auto etc.) but with problems in the switch it gets up hill... As og now it works stabile and I rest my case... Now I can play harmonics without people looking strangely with a look on their face saying "get off stage fool"....

One last thing is the key do not update in the Axe edit when new key detected by learn activation.. I can see it in the display of the Axe so that's ok, - just information. :)

Happy easter...

Glad it worked out for you. In Axe-Edit, just press the keyboard shortcut for Preset:REFRESH

Back
Top Bottom