Feedback and recording

Zman

Inspired
I have always had trouble getting a decent recorded tone because it always lacked something no matter how I tweeked it I got to thinking hmm must be my fingers but yet on live rough recordings of rehearsals and shows seemed that nothing was missing tone wise and i couldnt put my finger on it.

I always recorded amp in another room and played my guitar in my so called control room and listening to my guitar mixed through my headphones or monitors and of course now direct with the Axe Fx. I finally put the missing piece in Feedback! When playing a show or rehearsing when playing anything there is feedback going on even if your not aware of it! So I just did an experiment I took a 1-12 speaker cab I Had and sit it on a chair and faced it at me with my guitar and played and not very loud(reason why i put the speakers so close) and recorded direct off the axe and compared back and forth with the speaker feedback and without and its night and day. Its a revelation I had thought I would share. I found the thing I was missing!

Only problem is I like to record late at night and got to thinking I have a sustainiac sitting in a box I bought two years ago I never dropped in a guitar yet it might negate the need for the speaker or cranking my monitors.

Back
Top Bottom