Feature Request: Song title in main color display

Grasy

Hi there,

there is no wishlist for the FM9 yet (or I can't find it), so I'm using the general discussions channel.

I am trying to use the setlist / song function of the FM9. I think the idea behind this function is absolutely brilliant, however I am finding it extremely difficult to not get lost when using it in a live situation.
In my eyes, it would be helpful, if the main color display had a page that displays setlist and song. This would help a lot when using this feature.

What do you all think? Would this be something that the FA product development team would support?

By the way - I was using an AX8 for years, the FM9 is a gigantic step forward. I am absolutely loving this device. It really gives you this plug in and feel good experience ;-)

+1, I've started using this feature with one band but couldn't figure out how to have the current song displayed anywhere on it's own. A separate screen for this purpose would be great!

I imagine this mode on the screen would be kind of like this:

# and Song Title
Preset # and name
Current scene #
(Next song, maybe tempo?)

There's so much awesome in this box already, this would be a tasty cherry on top

Yup, something like that would be superb. Maybe even something customizable in a limited way. Some people ,a want to see the name of the steilest as well, some may not. And yes @DrGreencock you are right, this device kind of does magic, this would be the icing on the cake.

@Grasy

I've had issues with "getting lost" in the middle of a Setlist too. There are several things I would like to see improved with the Setlist/Songs feature, but I think there are limitations to how many more features can be added to these modelers. Especially the FM3. It may be a matter of what is most important to the proper operation of the units and/or what is most desired by the user base. At any rate, here is a link to the "work around" that I use to help me when I get "lost" while navigating my Setlist. At any time while in the Setlists/Song mode you can hit any foot switch used for an active SECTION (my wording) and the current Song will be flashed across the bottom of the main screen. There is also a parameter you can change that sets how long this banner will be displayed. I set mine for the maximum time length since the banner does not cover up anything else on the main screen. I would be happy if there was a parameter to leave it on (displayed) all the time. That doesn't address all of the items you would like to see added to the main screen, but may help with at least identifying the name of the currently selected Song. Hope this helps some!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/banner-display-time.189016/#post-2342657

Last edited:
@Grasy

I've had issues with "getting lost" in the middle of a Setlist too. There are several things I would like to see improved with the Setlist/Songs feature, but I think there are limitations to how many more features can be added to these modelers. Especially the FM3. It may be a matter of what is most important to the proper operation of the units and/or what is most desired by the user base. At any rate, here is a link to the "work around" that I use to help me when I get "lost" while navigating my Setlist. At any time while in the Setlists/Song mode you can hit any foot switch used for an active SECTION (my wording) and the current Song will be flashed across the bottom of the main screen. There is also a parameter you can change that sets how long this banner will be displayed. I set mine for the maximum time length since the banner does not cover up anything else on the main screen. It would be happy if there was a parameter to leave it on (displayed) all the time. That doesn't address all of the items you would like to see added to the main screen, but may help with at least identifying the name of the currently selected Song. Hope this helps some!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/banner-display-time.189016/#post-2342657
Thank you for the hint, this will certainly ease the pain until FA hopefully implement such a feature.

Hi there,

there is no wishlist for the FM9 yet (or I can't find it), so I'm using the general discussions channel.

I am trying to use the setlist / song function of the FM9. I think the idea behind this function is absolutely brilliant, however I am finding it extremely difficult to not get lost when using it in a live situation.
In my eyes, it would be helpful, if the main color display had a page that displays setlist and song. This would help a lot when using this feature.

What do you all think? Would this be something that the FA product development team would support?

By the way - I was using an AX8 for years, the FM9 is a gigantic step forward. I am absolutely loving this device. It really gives you this plug in and feel good experience ;-)
+1 Would love to see a BIG TEXT display of the current song on the main screen.
I will have to try the "Message Hold" parameter referenced by @22 frets in post #5.

Last edited:
Uh oh! I have an idea. It could be a page that shows widgets. For example, it may be 4 sections on the screen. And you can set it up to display predefined things in these sections. Setlist info (current song, next and previous songs, setlist name, song section), preset and scene names, tempo, blocks data (selected dialed in params and channel), some global info, like output modes and so on and more. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom