FCB1010 users - Eureka Prom or Uno or Stock?

Do I need a Midi board in my PC to program the FCB, or is USB an option? I don't have a card and would really like to avoid adding hardware to it, but the FCB / UNO combo seems perfect for what I need at the moment. I just haven't figured out how I can program it.
You need MIDI, USB will work fine. Mostly, but that's always a matter between the PC and the MIDI interface, never with the FCB.

Has anyone seen/tried the gordius FCB mods? They looked pretty cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Xavier makes fantastic stuff. But they're multiple times the price of the FCB. That LG-FCB board looks awesome. Just that its twice the price of the unit it will go into. Tripling that units price. However, that might just be worth it.

Xavier makes fantastic stuff. But they're multiple times the price of the FCB. That LG-FCB board looks awesome. Just that its twice the price of the unit it will go into. Tripling that units price. However, that might just be worth it.

Agreed, the extra ext. ports add on was pretty cool!. I'd like to do something like this to my peak FCB8N ... That extra functionality would be awesome.. As well as being able to add extra ext ports.. Nice :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I bought the Uno (the first time) I ended up buying the software that he wrote to help program the unit as well. Honestly, the software is GReAT and even better is his thorough and clear/concise explanations in the accompanying document. I am going to buy another Uno chip (to support the developer). I am again starting slow with the II (because of lack of time) so I will most likely work with IA's first and foremost.

I have a stock FCB1010 and I used it for practice the same day receiving it - I was able to change presets with no issue and after a bit of a fight I was able to use the expression pedals and now understand (for the most part) on how to assign different effects to these as controllers.
I did find one great article on here concerning using a STOCK FCB for changing scenes and it actually worked when I tested, but I guess I may not have saved the configuration at the right time because it reverted.
Anyway, I'm still wrestling with the idea of whether I need scenes or whether I should just get back to 5 presets on the bottom row, 5 IA's on the top (which requires stompbox mode only available with new eprom) OR if I can even use new eprom to have it all -- Scenes PLUS IA's.
Thoughts?
I know this chain is old, but your problem is exactly the sane as mine with the new unit I just bought. I can program the presets, but after a couple minutes they revert back to factory presets, obliterating any changes that I just made. Did you have any progress with this?

Only because this poster’s original complaint is the exact same program I’m having, and was wondering what the outcome was, if any.
No judgement mate...its a trip seeing really old threads revived. I remember these ones....I also had a fcb1010 which was a great low cost midi controller but i never used it stock. I had both the Uno and Eureka. From memory the Eureka was more useful for me. For the cost of the mods it was worth it. FCB1010 with mod is a great controller

I know this chain is old, but your problem is exactly the sane as mine with the new unit I just bought. I can program the presets, but after a couple minutes they revert back to factory presets, obliterating any changes that I just made. Did you have any progress with this?
Does it have a battery? Usually there's one in there that keeps power to the chip storing settings.

I have an old one with the UnO chip and never had an issue, but if there's a bad or improperly installed battery that might explain it.

Does it have a battery? Usually there's one in there that keeps power to the chip storing settings.

I have an old one with the UnO chip and never had an issue, but if there's a bad or improperly installed battery that might explain it.
Where would the battery be located? I had it open to look at the version chip, and I didn't see where a battery would have been. Yes, it was version 2.5. But After programming the presets, then a few minutes later (not turning it off) they would revert back to factory. I would think the battery would be for retaining the settings AFTER the unit is turned off, not while its on.

Where would the battery be located? I had it open to look at the version chip, and I didn't see where a battery would have been. Yes, it was version 2.5. But After programming the presets, then a few minutes later (not turning it off) they would revert back to factory. I would think the battery would be for retaining the settings AFTER the unit is turned off, not while its on.
If there was one it would be inside... I just checked the manual and no reference to one.

I have used the FCB1010 stock model for a long time and yet I just discovered two tricks recently that basically enable stomp mode. Say a block is assigned to CC#30. What I do is set the patch to send two CC's to #30, respectively 127 and 0. In turn, it basically acts as a toggle for the block, and it even works with the Tuner, which is really nice. Only thing missing is that the red LED is always on. Another related cool trick for those who like to use a pedal to switch back and forth between 2 scenes (like scene 1/5 on pedal1, 2/6 on 2... 4/8 on 4) is to do the following: Assume Scene Select is set to CC# 31. Then have pedal 1 of the 1010 have CC#31 send both number 0 and number 4 (given MIDI offset). In turn, the pedal acts as a toggle between scenes 1/5, and so on. This allows to control all 8 scenes via pedals 1-4 (or 6-9 depending on preferences). Since the FCB displays the names of presets and scenes, I feel like the LED issue is minor and therefore do not plan to upgrade to Uno or Eureka. But maybe I'm missing some more advanced functionality that cannot be covered by the standard 1010 and the AxeFX MIDI blocks. Curious to know what that would be though.
My preset works as follows, with only ONE bank.
pedals 1-4: control all 8 scenes as described above
pedal 5: previous preset
pedal 10: next preset
pedal 6: Tuner on/off as described above
this leaves me with pedals 7-8-9 to be used as desired, typically delay on/off, boost on/off and chorus on/off. obviously, I could have a separate bank to offer as many as 10 pedal IA control, but no real need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom