FCB1010 Up Down on XL+

Liviu

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how do I setup the fcb up/down pedals to increment/decrement preset number on the XL+? Is it possible to select them as buttons that you can program?
I've setup my fcb with 1-4 and 6-9 for scene select and 5 for tap tempo, the only button available is number 10.
Worst case scenario, could I use 10 to just increment preset from 0-9, then use up to change bank and 10 to switch presets 10, 11,...19 and so on? How could I set this up on the fcb?

The up/down pedals don't send MIDI signals - you can't reassign them; at least with stock firmware, as far as I know. Those only change banks within the FCB itself.

Neither the stock FCB nor FBC w/Uno has an "increment" function. You will need to put a MIDI PROGRAM change msg with a preset number in each patch. For example, if you aren't using Uno "STOMPBOX" mode, you have 10 buttons in each of 19 banks. You could do something like this:

Bank 0
Button 1 --> Preset 1, B2-->P2 .... B10-->P10
Bank 1
Button 1 --> Preset 11, B2-->P12 .... B10-->P20

etc

I believe to get past preset 127 and back you need to send a bank select message. I've never needed FCB access that many presets so don't know the details off the top of my head.

If you have the Uno chip and select STOMPBOX mode, one pedal row won't change with the banks. If you send the FAS-predefined CC msgs for Fx block bypass, they will work on every Axe preset that uses the same blocks. I have mine set for COMP, OD, MOD, DELAY, Amp X/Y and the expressions for WAH position and output volume. If I leave the patch on the FCB the same and change the Axe Presets using the knob, the FCB STOMPBOX buttons and expression pedals will work the same for a lot of patches.

Back
Top Bottom