FCB1010 UnO - Instructions for Setting up Scenes & Expression Pedals

Someone might find these useful.

The mapping is as follows for "scenes bottom row".

bank 0:
  1. looper play
  2. looper rec
  3. looper dub
  4. looper undo
  5. looper half speed
  6. scene 2/1
  7. scene 3/4
  8. scene 5/6
  9. metronome on/off
  10. tuner on/off

banks 1-9:
  1. scene 2/1 (as presets default to scene 1, pushing this will instantly select scene 2, but pushing again will get you back to scene 1)
  2. scene 3/4
  3. scene 5/6
  4. scene 7/8
  5. tuner on/off
6-10. presets (1-5 on bank 1, 6-10 on bank 2 and so on)

Tap tempo is assigned to the preset buttons so tapping the selected patch button again will do tap tempo.

The difference with the two attached files is that one has the scenes on the bottom row and the other one on the top row. Bank 0 is the same in both (looper on bottom, scenes + extras on top).

I use these with the UnO chip, but I guess they should work with the normal version as well as they don't use the stompbox mode.

Attachments

• FCB1010 Axe-FX II scenes bottom row.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 49
  • FCB1010 Axe-FX II scenes top row.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 58
Thanks skintone,

If I want to access presets that's beyond 127, say 157 (that's in bank B) how would I set it up? I used to have PG1 disabled, CNT2 to have (0, 1, disabled) and PG5 (30) to go to that preset. I honestly don't mind not setting scene 1 because it defaults to that anyhow. So I tried to disable pg1 and set CTN2 and pg5 for one row like I used to access presets in a different bank but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any thoughts on these? :)

Dkijc,

I'm pretty confident what you are trying to accomplish can be done with UnO by having the PC pedal send the CC# 0 and a second PC to select the particular program. However, I'm curious if there wouldn't be a simpler way by reordering the presets you are using or using MIDI mapping. From the front panel you can swap two presets, so if there is a program in the first bank that you don't use you could swap it out for one that is in bank A. That's just a thought for an approach that may be easier to put into place. If that won't work for you, though, I think doing a CC # 0 send along with a PC2 programmed may be the first thing to try.

Hey kelso1 and rossg,

I definitely was doing what you guys were suggesting. I was just trying to incorporate skintone and laxu's approach.

I know I can move the presets to a different bank and I know I will NEVER use the whole 3 banks at a gig but just wanted to see if it's possible. Will look further into it, thanks! :)

Thanks skintone,

If I want to access presets that's beyond 127, say 157 (that's in bank B) how would I set it up? I used to have PG1 disabled, CNT2 to have (0, 1, disabled) and PG5 (30) to go to that preset. I honestly don't mind not setting scene 1 because it defaults to that anyhow. So I tried to disable pg1 and set CTN2 and pg5 for one row like I used to access presets in a different bank but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any thoughts on these? :)

Hi there,

Others probably have a more elegant way of doing this.
My solution would be to use Axe Edit ( when it becomes available that is) and swap presets from 157 etc that I wanted down to the first 20 or so presets so they become accessible using my FCB programming.

I really don't need Axe Edit to do that. Heh

I prolly only use Axe Edit to open up Axe Manage to load cabs and presets. lol :)

Thanks!

Hi there,

Others probably have a more elegant way of doing this.
My solution would be to use Axe Edit ( when it becomes available that is) and swap presets from 157 etc that I wanted down to the first 20 or so presets so they become accessible using my FCB programming.

Hi Skintone1, I remember a post or maybe Voes mentioning that, so that another PC# message for that preset would be ignored otherwise you could get a preset change or interference to your preset. To be sure when you press any preset once is all you need so for that preset ignore all other PC#s.
Cheers Nick

Hi Skintone1, I remember a post or maybe Voes mentioning that, so that another PC# message for that preset would be ignored otherwise you could get a preset change or interference to your preset. To be sure when you press any preset once is all you need so for that preset ignore all other PC#s.
Cheers Nick

Yes, Voes knows what he is talking about.
I know bugger all about midi really, so I just tried every different combination until I found something that worked !

So being the nub I am to midi programming (even though I am an IT professional / programmer lol), if I am able to load one of the sysex files in this thread to an uno moded FCB1010, I should pretty much be plug and play with a few setups in my Axe 2 right?

Axe Fx w/ FCB1010 no Chip: Solved
Hey there,
We have noticed a lot of people having trouble pairing the FCB1010 by Behringer with their Axe units, so we made a video on how to:

Program the FCB1010 to talk w/ Axe FX no UNO chips or software - YouTube

This covers programming your pedal without the need for modifying it or downloading any programming software and also gives you a clear understanding of how the pedal works.
Hope this saves you a bunch of time and money ;-)

If this helps please support us by following our Studio:
www.facebook.com/anthophobicrecords

I regularly use just a handful of Axe-FX II presets (v9.02). Each involves:

- A common template layout (blocks, routings, etc.)
- Extensive use of Global blocks, X/Y settings, Looper, etc.
- Multiple Scenes

My goal was to control the above using just one bank within the FCB1010. And the following setup seems to work well for me:

1 - Scene 1/5
2 - Scene 2/6
3 - Scene 3/7
4 - Scene 4/8
5 - Preset Increment
6 - Looper Record
7 - Looper Play
8 - Looper Dub
9 - Metronome
10 - Tap Tempo

The Preset Increment (5) is a bit unusual. It involves connecting the FCB1010's Switch 1 (SW1) output to the Axe-FX's Pedal input

- FCB1010 - Set Footswitch 5 to turn on Switch 1 (SW1)
- Axe-FX - Set the Pedal Type to Momentary, turn on Preset Increment, and configure the Preset Start & End to preference.

A nice benefit is that it's easy to re-configure the Axe-FX's Preset Increment feature (Start & End), if needed.

Attachments

• FCB1010_DG.syx
    2.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Someone might find these useful.

The mapping is as follows for "scenes bottom row".

bank 0:
  1. looper play
  2. looper rec
  3. looper dub
  4. looper undo
  5. looper half speed
  6. scene 2/1
  7. scene 3/4
  8. scene 5/6
  9. metronome on/off
  10. tuner on/off

banks 1-9:
  1. scene 2/1 (as presets default to scene 1, pushing this will instantly select scene 2, but pushing again will get you back to scene 1)
  2. scene 3/4
  3. scene 5/6
  4. scene 7/8
  5. tuner on/off
6-10. presets (1-5 on bank 1, 6-10 on bank 2 and so on)

Tap tempo is assigned to the preset buttons so tapping the selected patch button again will do tap tempo.

The difference with the two attached files is that one has the scenes on the bottom row and the other one on the top row. Bank 0 is the same in both (looper on bottom, scenes + extras on top).

I use these with the UnO chip, but I guess they should work with the normal version as well as they don't use the stompbox mode.

Thanks laxu!

This worked pretty well for me. I just have a one question. Is it possible to return back to scene1 by pressing the preset button? At the moment the preset switch does not change the scene back if I've engaged another scene with in the preset.

Hey,

I'm trying to set up my FCB1010 Uno in stompbox mode with the top row as patch changes, and the bottom row as stomp boxes to do the scene changes. While I've managed to get this to work, for some reason the lights on the bottom row don't behave like they do if use the normal configuration of stomp boxes on top row.

Basically, the scene changes happen, but the lights on the buttons just toggle, making it really hard to know at a glance what scene I'm currently on.

I can get this working perfectly if I reverse it back to use top row as stomp boxes, but I personally find it easier to step on the bottom row than the top, and as I'll be making way more presses each song as I change scenes, it makes sense to have them on the bottom row.

Hope someone can help, as it's really doing my head in.

Hey,

I'm trying to set up my FCB1010 Uno in stompbox mode with the top row as patch changes, and the bottom row as stomp boxes to do the scene changes. While I've managed to get this to work, for some reason the lights on the bottom row don't behave like they do if use the normal configuration of stomp boxes on top row.

Basically, the scene changes happen, but the lights on the buttons just toggle, making it really hard to know at a glance what scene I'm currently on.

I can get this working perfectly if I reverse it back to use top row as stomp boxes, but I personally find it easier to step on the bottom row than the top, and as I'll be making way more presses each song as I change scenes, it makes sense to have them on the bottom row.

Hope someone can help, as it's really doing my head in.

Pls send a .sys. Don't even have the LEDS keeping lighted on Top Row, but if it works on top it should be possible to have it work on bottom.

You're very welcome, Eric. I'm glad it was of help. There are so many good and helpful people here, I'm just glad to be able to give a little piece back.

Hi,

I´m having some trouble with scenes.

I only set up one Patch using scenes so far and it always defaults to scene 4 when I switch presets back and forth.
Besides that everything is fine. The FCB is set to stompbox mode follwing voes instructions, for scenes top buttons are set to CC#34 with values 0 to 4.
Didn´t touch the bottom row, so it´s btn 1=preset 1, btn 2 = preset2 ... maybe thats the problem?

What you are saying sounds to me like you have the stomp box state set to enable for that patch. When you change into a patch, it runs through each of the enabled stomp boxes from left to right, sending their CC message. You need to have them set to not be enabled in each patch - all you want set to enabled is the expression pedals. Check out my first couple steps from the guide in the first post:

**** Programs - Which are different for each one in essence, but we are going to set every one the same here for our use: ****
First, select the patch you want to do your configuration on (here we'll say we're at bank 00, pedal 1)

1. Press and hold DOWN for about 2.5 seconds
2. On this first page, make sure only 4 and 5 are lit, if not, light them and turn the others off - move forward
NOTE: If the Switch One (1) or Switch Two (2) lights are on up top, turn them off at the pedals, turn 3 on, and do a quick double tap on it, then long press to turn it off

If in that first page on your first patch you see any button on the top row lit, you need to turn them off.

Back
Top Bottom