FCB1010 Scene Change Issue???

Hypieran

So I got a FCB1010 and I've read some and watched Ugly Bunny's guides. For some reason I'll set it to cc 34 and 0 cc34 and 1 etc for scene change but nothing switches on Axe. It will flash midi on axe like it reads the message but scene doesnt change. Any ideas? I check that scene change was set to 34 and it was. I know the FCB is set like shown. It's a stock FCB1010. Basically I just want 4 scene changes. Volume and Wah pedal. Then present up and down. I cant make it happen. Help me please lol

Make sure it's sending on the correct MIDI channel. I believe the Axe FX defaults to channel 1 but you can check in the MIDI/Remote menu.

Make sure it's sending on the correct MIDI channel. I believe the Axe FX defaults to channel 1 but you can check in the MIDI/Remote menu.
I did check that its default is midi channel 1. I'm unsure on the FCB what it defaults to. Does anyone know?

Double check that you've got Scene Select and not Scene Increment or Scene Decrement set to the desired CC# as well.

Double check that you've got Scene Select and not Scene Increment or Scene Decrement set to the desired CC# as well.
Yeah I checked that too made sure none are overlapping. Only thing I can think of is maybe the FCB is set to different midi channel. It's been driving me nuts. Just basically want scene change mostly. Other stuff is nice like volume or tuner but need the scene change.

I had an FCB1010 for a while back when I got my Axe II, but I haven't messed with one in quite a while. They can be tricky to program. If you've got a MIDI interface you can use with your computer, I highly recommend getting an editor if you don't already have one. Makes it a ton easier to set up.

I believe the FCB1010 should default to channel 1 as well, but I can't remember for sure.

You could try setting the Axe III's channel to OMNI and see if it starts working. That would tell you if the FCB1010 is sending on a different channel.

Yeah I checked that too made sure none are overlapping. Only thing I can think of is maybe the FCB is set to different midi channel. It's been driving me nuts. Just basically want scene change mostly. Other stuff is nice like volume or tuner but need the scene change.
Always assign the CC in the Axe-FX by using midi learn. That way you know everything is configured and communicating properly.

So this is weird. I can send PC changes to go to presets 0 to 127 with Program Changes, but any CCs I send for scenes do nothing. I'm at a loss why this would happen.

Back
Top Bottom