fcb1010 preset number issue

Alright, well I got my fcb1010 working. And it was actually pretty simple... but on banks 1-9 it does presets 129-and up, and not 1-and up, like I wanted. Is it doing this because i screwed something up? Or is there a setting I can change to fix it and get everything in order? ps I dont have any chips, its a stock fcb. Any help would be apreciated, or if you have a better way to set up the board that might work out too.

Thanks fellas.

This is how to restore factory default settings, should you choose to do so.

Press and hold both pedals #1 and #6 while turning the FCB1010 on.

before that you could just try to turn both units off and repower them. If the behaviour stays and you haven't done a big programming on the fcb you can do a factory reset.

my guess is that somewhere along the line the FCB1010 was programmed to send a MIDI control change value that changes the bank to start at the second bank rather than the first (0-127). (In essence, CC#0, value 1) I used to do this years ago with my FCB1010 controlling a rack unit that had all of its user programmed presets starting in bank 2, while bank 1 (default) was all of the ROM presets. On powering up my rig, I would step on the FCB pedal switch that sent this MIDI CC command, and from there on, the receiving MIDI rack unit would only engage its user presets above 128.

Not that you need to worry about this at all....just try to reset the FCB to factory defaults, and the problem should go away. If not, then you'll need to do some further exploration.

I got it fixed! All I had to do was turn it on again and start up the midi on the first preset. I think what happen was that I had first programmed it when I was in the second bank or something like that... I dunno, but its good now haha

That's why I suggested so.
I had the same thing happen once or twice and I was pretty sure about how my fcb was programmed (on pc with the ripwerx editor). So the CC#0 value reached my Axe-FX SOMEHOW, who knows.
What I did later was to program the CC#0 to be sent with the FCB patches 98-100 (just cc#0, value 0, 1 or 2 and no program change). So whenever I want to change the bank I just hit 99 on the fcb and I'm in the 2nd Bank and 98 to get back to the first bank. Works fine for me an I can access 97 times 3 patches on my Axe-Fx.

Back
Top Bottom