FCB1010 patch change help

I'm new the Axe and midi stuff. I cannot figure out how to tell the FCB1010 which patch to change to. I did everything in the editor tutorial and it still switches to patch 000 on the bottom row of buttons. Sorry I know this is probably very basic stuff haha.

kirkpetrucci said:
I'm new the Axe and midi stuff. I cannot figure out how to tell the FCB1010 which patch to change to. I did everything in the editor tutorial and it still switches to patch 000 on the bottom row of buttons. Sorry I know this is probably very basic stuff haha.

Is this a new or used unit, and does it have the UNO chip? If it's used I'd suggest that you re-initialize it. No telling what a previous owner may have programmed in it. If you installed the UNO chip into a new unit, you need to do a specific initialization procedure also. If you have a MIDI Interface and PC, download one of the free editor programs and hook up the FCB1010.

I had a similar problem occur with mine, which I bought new. The presets were all going to one number on the AxeFX. Uploading the config into RipWerx, it seemed to look ok with the correct PC's showing. However, by default I assume RipWerx doesn't show all of the PC's and CC's for every switch. Each preset switch on the FCB can send 5 PC's, or 4 with the UNO chip IIRC. When I changed this to show all of them, it had the second PC # as 000 or whatever. Apparently it sends the PC's consecutively, I'd occasionally see the correct program number on the Axe flash before it went to 000.

Therefore, assuming that you have programmed the preset #'s correctly from Voe's tutorial, that would be the first PC. You need to disable all of the other PC's. You can do this stuff manually too, I'd have to read up again from the Behringer manual and the UNO manual. But it's much easier with an editor program.

It's a used unit with the UNO mod. I'll try to do over again.

The first patch that I want to go to is patch 006. So, I would put 6 in the first PC slot in the editor right?

Cool! Thank you! I think my FCB is broken. The bottom footswitches dont light up anymore and I cant do a factory reset because it involves switch no.1 in some combination or other. Will this software help me reset the FCB? (please tell me it will :cry: )

emperor_black said:
Cool! Thank you! I think my FCB is broken. The bottom footswitches dont light up anymore and I cant do a factory reset because it involves switch no.1 in some combination or other. Will this software help me reset the FCB? (please tell me it will :cry: )

Did you try the procedure, with the unit off hold down buttons 1 & 6 then power on and hold them for 2.5 seconds.

Other than the bottom row not lighting up, when you turn it on does it come up to the "00" bank? I'd suggest that you take off the bottom of the unit and check the cabling. Each row of switches and LED's are mounted to a circuit board, which in turn is connected to the main board with a multi-connect plug similar to computer connections. If that has worked loose it would explain the bottom row not working.

tubetonez said:
Other than the bottom row not lighting up, when you turn it on does it come up to the "00" bank?
Yes it does.
I'd suggest that you take off the bottom of the unit and check the cabling. Each row of switches and LED's are mounted to a circuit board, which in turn is connected to the main board with a multi-connect plug similar to computer connections. If that has worked loose it would explain the bottom row not working.
Actually, I opened it up the other day and could not find anything loose. Everything seems fine in there. I'll open it up again and check. There is a fuse right, is there one for each line of LED's? Could one of the fuses be blown?

Back
Top Bottom