FCB1010 for dummies?

Stephen13

Inspired
Is there a full proof step by step method of programming an UnO'd FCB1010? I've gone thru voes' "Program your FCB1010 with Ripwerx software" and the "FCB1010 Axe-FX example" over and over and have had very limited success. The first time thru Exp 1 worked as my wah pedal but Exp 2 (volume) would not function. The display goes from 0 to 127 and back but doesn't do anything. The "stompbox" mode doesn't work either. I have gone thru the procedure multiple times since then and now the volume pedal works but the wah doesn't. Pedals 6 thru 10 will only change patches and do not function as stompboxes. I'm to the point where I'm about ready to toss the 1010 out the window and biting the bullet and laying out the cash for an MFC-101. A little HELP... please?

Well I've managed to get the wah working again but I'm still having no luck with stomp box mode. I'm checking the "Stomp Box" mode in Ripwerx's "Preset Editing View Options" and "Global Settings" with "Stomp Box Upper Row" checked. Is there something else I'm missing here?

well i just put my uno chip in and turned it on... 8.8 is on the display and i cant get it to reboot holding 1 and 9 down like the instructions say. it just sits there.... any ideas of anything im doing wrong?

You need to remember to put the FCB1010 into the mode that accepts Sysex dumps before it'll accept anything from the Ripwerx editor. See FCB manual for instructions.

I just used the sysex file that's in some FCB1010 thread on this forum, uploaded that to the FCB, then adjusted the Axe-Fx CCs to match the sysex and everything pretty much works as expected.

I'm throwing in the towel on the 1010. Every time I try to program it one thing will work while another won't. Then Axe Edit stops recognizing the Ultra. Somehow I'll manage to get AE to recognize the Ultra again but then the expression pedals or something else won't work. I have yet to get STOMP BOX mode to work. First all the pedals change patches. Then the lower row will change patches but the upper row won't do anything. I've gone thru all the procedures in the link posted by WannaRock above and it's just more of the same thing over and over. This works but that doesn't or nothing works at all or AE stops recognizing the Ultra again. I even had my buddy Frank take a look at it since he knows a lot more about this stuff than I do and he's stumped as to why my setup does what it does. Time to buy a 101 and be done with it.

If you're having that hard a time, then just do as I did and get the sysex from this thread, upload it to the FCB, set Axe-Fx settings accordingly and everything should work.

Back
Top Bottom