FCB1010, Axe III; Accessing higher numbered presets?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
For some reason, I saved my two favorite presets to patches number 510 & 511. I think I didn't want to over-write the awesome beginning presets.

Anyway, how in the world do I access these via MIDI when it only goes to 127? Are the Axe III's presets stored in unofficial banks that can be accessed with a CC or is there some other way to call up these presets?

I know you can assign direct PC in the Axe III and make foot switch 1 call up patch 511 (and whatever scene), but is there a way to call this patch by number by just a PC? Or do I have to use a CC and an PC (bank/patch)?
I was able to figure this out using my Helix as a MIDI controller, but I don't quite get what I did or why/how it worked (just turning knobs, really).

As an aside, is there no published list of the Axe III's MIDI numbers because they're all assignable? I'm getting overwhelmed trying to assign various PC and/or CC numbers to the various funtions, you know? Anyone have tips or a way to do this globally? Like maybe go through every setting once, assign a MIDI value, and then have a list of some sort? I'm probably not making sense... Anyway...

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom