FCB 1010 stuck in directSelect mode and won't deActivate

jroy

I’ve been using the RipWerx editor, and the UnoChip with it and it’s great, and haven't had any issues until now.

But for some reason, after a snafu with my rack unit and midi,
My floorboard is 'stuck' and will not take the settings from the ripWerx editor, it seems, and the FCB 'seems'
To be stuck in directSelect mode, though I have tried to deactivate it.

I even dialed back to factory presets, and it still is acting odd like the above scenario.
It’s scaring me- I hope my Uno chip isn’t fried…

I’m not sure who to ask for help, does anyone have a hunch to follow or who to ask?
this is scaring me and totally gating my rig from working...

Try disabling DirectSelect mode "manually" :
start up the FCB while keeping the down switch pressed. The LED of switch 10 should show whether direct select is enabled or not. Disable it, and save by keeping the down switch pressed again.
If the FCB still acts like in DirectSelect mode after that (needing 2 key presses to switch presets), there must be a hardware failure (defective eeprom).

ok I think I have it all back the way it was except for exp. pedal 1...its either 0-1 in value.
when I try to re-calibrate it, I got the directSelect mode again-I'm going to try it again when I get home
(I brought it to work, to troubleshoot during lunchhour...and...I missed a meeting! I will suffer for my art!

If you have a backup dump of your presets or can quickly rebuild it, just reset it from scratch:
Holding down 2 pedals at the same time while powering on will reset it to factory. 0 + 6 I believe. You can do a search on here for 2-3 diff pedal combinations on resetting.

Open it up and make sure the UnO chip is seated properly.
Maybe it came loose with knocking it around?

Ok, not sure if the factory preset regression or somthin' else did it, but my pedals 'act' properly on the FCB.

HOWEVER...the FCB does not change/affect/interact with my Axe Fx, save for one thing: the MIDI indicator light will light up on the Axe, but nothing else happens. All the MIDI/IO stuff is still fine in the Axe (it used to work fine)...
...it's got to be something with the FCB.

One more note, I hope is a hunch, because the manual didn't help- when I tap any of the FCB's footbuttons, BOTH
switch 1 and 2 light up...I don't recall that being the case before this mess happened.

Any clues to be gleened from this?

Finally got the factory reset to stick, once i manually changed some of the pedal presets and channels.
I wish I knew how this mess started so I can avoid it...corrupt midi data of some sort clogging the pipes.

I had my laptop and FCB both on the same MIDI loop, it seems to me that that's a bad thing.

thanks for all the advice- Xavier Ossandust was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom