FCB 1010 and axe 2

sirgary

Hi Folks. I am about to buy the axe fx 2. I have a uno behinger fcb 1010 controller.
I would like to use the top 5 pedals on the controller for delay chorus reverb or whatever. Then use the up down pedals ONLY for the selection of the first 100 patches one at a time. Then use the bottom 5 pedals to select 5 scenes for each patch. Thus giving me 100 songs with 5 different setting per song.
Is this possible with the 1010. Has anyone done anything like this.
I have read the manuals but cannot find a solution.
Thanks for any replies
Gary

Get the UnO firmware (FCB1010 UnO Firmware) and Ripwerx editor (http://ripwerxcom.ipage.com/)

Turn on Stomp Box Mode (Upper Row) and setup Pedals 6 to 10 to use CNT 1 for the appropriate CC #s (Chorus 1 = 41, Delay 1 = 47, Reverb 1 = 83, etc) and Values (On = 127 / Off = 0)

For the Lower Row, setup Pedals 1 to 5 to use CNT 1 for the Scene CC # (34) with the corresponding Scene Value (Scene 1 = 0, Scene 2 = 1, etc)

For more info about the Axe-FX's CC #s, see MIDI CCs list - Axe-Fx II Wiki

As for changing Presets...

Axe-FX II only offers a Preset Increment function, and only via its Pedal jack. Unfortunately, it does not offer a Preset Decrement function. For more info, see section 9.5 in http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx_II_Owners_Manual_-_901.pdf

• Option A - Connect the FCB1010's SW1 output to the Axe-FX's Pedal input. But for this, you'll likely have to sacrifice an FCB1010 pedal for SW1, such as using Pedal 5 for Preset Increment (instead of Scene 5)
  • Option B - Get a separate pedal for Axe-FX's Pedal jack, such as the BOSS F5-5U. And use it for the Preset Increments
  • Option C - Disregard the Axe-FX's Pedal jack... And instead, setup a separate FCB1010 Bank for each Preset. This limits the # of selectable Presets to the # of available FCB1010 Banks. But it enables you to use the FCB1010's Up/Down Pedals to select the Banks. Still, you'll then have to use an FCB1010 Pedal to select the Preset within the Bank. For example...
    • Bank 0 / Pedal 1 selects Preset 0 (PRG CHG 1 = 0) and selects Scene 1 (CNT 1: CC = 34; Value = 0)
    • Bank 0 / Pedal 2 selects Preset 0 (PRG CHG 1 = 0) and selects Scene 2 (CNT 1: CC = 34; Value = 1)
    • Bank 1 / Pedal 1 selects Preset 1 (PRG CHG 1 = 1) and selects Scene 1 (CNT 1: CC = 34; Value = 0)
    • etc

FYI, there are some other options available that involve other significant limitations (FCB1010's Direct Select Mode, no UnO/Ripwerx, etc). But hopefully the above helps you get started.

Last edited:
Wow Thanks Digital.
I will battle my way through that and see how it goes.
Will post results.
Thanks again.
Gary

The Ripwerx FCB1010/UNO editor has never worked well on Macs and may not work at all on current versions of Mac OS X.
There's a new Mac editor out there for UNO equipped FCB1010's that works much better than Ripwerx.

LG-FCB

So DG I now have that working but only have 20 song presets with 5 scenes per song.
It seems the 1010 can only do it in sets of 5. I was hoping to have the full 100 presets with 5 scenes each.
Gary

Back
Top Bottom