FC6 expression pedal to duplicate expression pedal on FM9?

I have an FC6 that I'm planning to set up on the opposite side of the stage from my FM9, so that I can be on either side and still have quick access to control my rig. It is simple enough to get the FC6 footswitches to duplicate those on the FM9. But I'd also like to have an expression pedal connected to the FC6 that would serve the same functions as the expression pedal I have connected directly to the FM9. So far, I've not had any luck figuring out if this is possible. I'm hoping there is a way to accomplish this and would appreciate any input.

I have an FC6 that I'm planning to set up on the opposite side of the stage from my FM9, so that I can be on either side and still have quick access to control my rig. It is simple enough to get the FC6 footswitches to duplicate those on the FM9. But I'd also like to have an expression pedal connected to the FC6 that would serve the same functions as the expression pedal I have connected directly to the FM9. So far, I've not had any luck figuring out if this is possible. I'm hoping there is a way to accomplish this and would appreciate any input.
My first guess is that you can only assign one pedal as the source for each modifier, since each pedal jack (Pedal 1 on FM9 and Ext Pedal 1 on FC6) are listed separately on the drop down source menu, you aren't able to assign two different sources on the same modifier page. But I'm not an expert on this, so perhaps there are some tricks that I don't know. Matt ( @Admin M@ ) would know.

A stopped triangle LFO's "B" output can emulate the Axe-FX III's "add" or "multiply" dual-source modifier options with pedals modifying Depth & B Phase in a certain way. (The resulting LFO values will only sweep through half of the value range but you can translate this to any range by adjusting the target parameter's modifier curve.) As on the III, the unused pedal would has to be parked in a certain position (heel or toe, depending on setup) for the other one to have proper control. Or you could consider duplicating auto-engaged effects, with only the modifier source differing. Those are pretty much the options without using MIDI and merging data from two controllers using the same pedal CC#.

A stopped triangle LFO's "B" output can emulate the Axe-FX III's "add" or "multiply" dual-source modifier options with pedals modifying Depth & B Phase in a certain way. (The resulting LFO values will only sweep through half of the value range but you can translate this to any range by adjusting the target parameter's modifier curve.) As on the III, the unused pedal would has to be parked in a certain position (heel or toe, depending on setup) for the other one to have proper control. Or you could consider duplicating auto-engaged effects, with only the modifier source differing. Those are pretty much the options without using MIDI and merging data from two controllers using the same pedal CC#.
Interesting idea. I'll look into that!

Back
Top Bottom