Votes: 87 47.5%
  • No, I'll be fine with multiple FC6 and/or FC12

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Yes, give me a FC18 (3x6 switches)

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Yes, give me a FC21 (3x7 switches)

Votes: 52 28.4%

• Total voters
+1. The MFC has only one main layout (plus reveal and looper modes), so you needed lots of physical switches for many functions. With multiple layouts, each switch can have several different functions (up to 12 I think). That's a lot more control options in a smaller package.

I know the FC6 and FC12 are still in R&D right now and they will be the perfect Foot Controllers for many people out there. I also know we can apparently have up to 4 controllers working together.

But am I the only here to actually hope for a bigger FC18 or FC21 version to mainly have 3 rows of switches?? (something almost similar to the Mastermind GT, but made by Fractal for total perfect integration to the new Axe-FX III with the faslink II)

Read up. All the functionality you want is there. .

I know the FC6 and FC12 are still in R&D right now and they will be the perfect Foot Controllers for many people out there. I also know we can apparently have up to 4 controllers working together.

But am I the only here to actually hope for a bigger FC18 or FC21 version to mainly have 3 rows of switches?? (something almost similar to the Mastermind GT, but made by Fractal for total perfect integration to the new Axe-FX III with the faslink II)

I was wanting a bigger one until I heard how the new ones can be used. I think the FC-12 will meet my needs...and if not adding an FC 6 definitely will.

Definitely too small! I would not buy the footcontroller unless it does not have another row at least.
I do own the Helix too and there are several levels there like: preset, Snapshot/Scenes, Stompboxes, Looper. But two rows are too less for me and I hoped for a footcontroller as big as the MFC101. This would have pushed me to come back into the fractal camp after owning the Axe Fx 1, 1 Ultra, 2, 2XL and 2XL+.

I guess we'll have to see what the FC-6 and the FC-12 can do, before we cast our final judgement on whether the product is for us.

From the bits of info we already have it's clear that they are very well thought out and highly flexible with the pages/layouts, and I know that Cliff really thinks things through and I love the new concept with the Axe-III and the thinking behind the fully integrated "dumb box" FC with scribble strips and color coded surrounding for the footswitches and the clone feature so a tech could have a cloned FC behind the stage.

Having said that though, I for one, would still absolutely love to get a " 3 row FC" like an FC-18 or FC-21 if Fractal were to release such a controller, as I'd love to have more IA options available on one layout page, and I'd like to maintain a similar looking layout for each preset and thus need more switches, as it's easier and more reassuring in the heat of the battle when playing live.
Sure some IA would change for each preset, but a core of go-to IAs would remain constant for all presets.

For those that say just combine multiple FC-6's/FC-12's - it's not entirely the same thing as getting a "3 row FC", because
1) it will either be a very long controller, where you'd have to do-si-do from on end to the other - not optimal IMO - or
2) i.e. two FC-12 stacked with one behind (and elevated) the other, which would be a very tall and deep controller - not optimal either

So while I'me sure the FC-12 is plenty for many or even most people, some of us would be more comfortable with an FC-18 or FC-21

I realize it can be frustrating for Cliff and M@ that we forumites ask for a number of different things or different HW solutions before we have even seen or tried the products that they chose to go with.

So with the best of intensions and at the risk of making bossman Cliff and M@ frown and face palm - @FractalAudio and @Admin M@ - any chance you'd consider making a 3 row FC like the proposed FC-18 or FC-21 ??
I for one would order either in a split second.

Definitely too small! I would not buy the footcontroller unless it does not have another row at least.
I do own the Helix too and there are several levels there like: preset, Snapshot/Scenes, Stompboxes, Looper. But two rows are too less for me and I hoped for a footcontroller as big as the MFC101. This would have pushed me to come back into the fractal camp after owning the Axe Fx 1, 1 Ultra, 2, 2XL and 2XL+.

I agree, the Helix suffer the same lack of switches on its remote controller.
That's exactly why I did request them to build a bigger one like this:
(same problem, same request)

20761190622_75ceea1e11_c.jpg

Sorry if this has been covered, but any idea if the AX8 can be used as a controller for the FXIII? Don’t know much about AX8 midi possibilities but its footswitches work perfect for me and that way I could get an extra use for it.

Sorry if this has been covered, but any idea if the AX8 can be used as a controller for the FXIII? Don’t know much about AX8 midi possibilities but its footswitches work perfect for me and that way I could get an extra use for it.
Yes. It can send the midi necessary to control the III.

Im assuming the FC's will have a midi in. For those people that need some dedicated unchanging ia switches, you could run a Voes or Morningstar. Not as nice as an all in one but at least you would have the new functionality and another row of buttons. I'm guessing FAS will eventually come out with a three row if enough people request it.

My question was when it will be available? Kind of a pain in the a$& to get a III but have to go through the headache of reworking the MFC to control it.

I for one am super excited about the FC-12 and am itching to get on the wait list. Thanks to layouts and other cool things it's going to solve a lot of workflow problems for me whereas I currently have to make compromises with my MFC. I think my feet and my brain will be happier.

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos showing these in action. On the surface, they look limited when compared to the MFC-101. But I know it's not the Fractal Audio way to "digress" a product. I can only assume that "I" don't have a full grasp on the capabilities of the FC-6/12 when used with the Axe-Fx III.

Man I wish they would add a built-in expression pedal. I could get away with that and not have want to mount it to a board with expression pedals. One of my favorite things about the helix is it's self-contained plug-in and go format.

I just want a narrower form factor, or if I'm going to take the width of the FC12, I want it to fill out the pedalboard better. So I'd vote for 3 x 6 out of these choices. By my real desire is for an FC12 that simply is 3 x 4 instead of 2 x 6.

I said this in another thread, but my thought is that we have so many more possibilities within any one preset, that it seems a shame to not be able to control more from one layout page... you could use up 12 IA's really quickly and have so much more that you couldn't access. When you're on stage, the less paging you have to do the better. I'd rather have a controller that's deeper rather than wide, especially since I'll still have EXP pedals for Vol and Wah/Whammy.

My question was when it will be available? Kind of a pain in the a$& to get a III but have to go through the headache of reworking the MFC to control it.
Cliff mentioned in another thread that they won't be available for a month or two after the Axe-Fx III.........:(

I'm looking forward to seeing the videos showing these in action. On the surface, they look limited when compared to the MFC-101. But I know it's not the Fractal Audio way to "digress" a product. I can only assume that "I" don't have a full grasp on the capabilities of the FC-6/12 when used with the Axe-Fx III.

I'm with you on this, and I know the FC-12 will be awesome - BUT like I said in post #26 and like @jefferski said in post #37 in this thread, in the heat of the battle of playing live less paging = better.

Here hoping that a FAS FC-28 or FC-21 will be in our (not to distant) future :)

Back
Top Bottom