FC12 timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they should have released a work around for the MFC101 that would make it work with the 3 and have the IA lights reflect on off status and such. This would not prevent people from buying the FC6/12 when released because most will want the scribble strips and main reason for buying over keeping the MFC101. I know they say different code, but maybe they could have written something to work that would sufficed for a band aid until the FC was ready to party?

I have no coding background so I'm speaking out my ass. I just hope this wasn't bypassed because they were afraid they wouldn't sell as many FC's when they came out. If the FC's were ready to ship, I would see that as fine. But given the 9 month delay, it has caused them to lose 3 sales. Yes I'm sure they are fine money wise....just say'n.

That'd take, at the very least, hundreds and hundreds of man hours, assuming it'd even be possible. It'd likely be a spectacular waste of money and resources so I doubt it has much to do with how many FCs they could potentially sell.

My solution since early April is to play with the Axe III, and use my Kemper at live performances. The cat that bought my IIXL+ demanded my MFC101.

I agree that there are other good options. I bought the Axe-FX III quite a while ago. One of the things I really like is the FC12 idea and having that all integrated into the Axe-FX III. One editor that updates both the Axe and the FC12 is really nice, as well. I have been continuing to use my Axe-Fx II and just playing around with the Axe-Fx III because I don't have an extra midi foot controller that I can use and didn't want to spend a bunch of money for something I would just dump once I got the FC12. The problem is that the more I play with it the more I really like the Axe Fx III and want to use it to gig. I don't want to wait anymore.

It seems like it's still going to be months until I will be able to get an FC12, partly because I haven't heard any definitive date or even any information about a real release date and partly because I am down on the waiting list a ways which seems to add a couple of months to my wait when their aren't issues getting components.

I heard that RJM was working with Fractal to get a version of the GT/22 that would be able to use the new features in the Axe-Fx III. When they released that new firmware I decided to put my name on their waiting list for the GT/22. I figured I would just go with which every company emailed me first. So, last week I got my GT/22 an hour and a half before practice and I got it up and running in time to use it for practice. Very intuitive interface and a good editor as well.. I really like it and it does everything I need and then some. It is really easy to program even right from the foot controller. The editor works great and uploads and downloads have been flawless and very fast. Super configurable. You can do just about anything you want. The scribble strips are very easy to read standing up. The spacing of the foot switches is just right. I always had a little problem with that on the MFC101 because my feet are a little big and I would inadvertently press two buttons at once or the wrong button.

It would be nice to have the tight integration that the FC12 will have, but I'm pretty satisfied with the GT/22. The GT/22 It was really expensive, but it was the only option that really had everything I wanted.

I really appreciate that Fractal Audio was willing to work with RJM and other companies to allow us to have an option while we wait for the FC. It's probably not in their best interest, in some ways to do this, but, on the other hand, it's the kind of thing that I would expect from an outstanding company like Fractal Audio. Plus, if the FC is designed as well as their other stuff I expect I will still get one when it comes out. In the mean time I have something I can use my Axe-Fx III with. Fractal has certainly not lost me as a customer. I have been with them since the Ultra and I'm planning on continuing. Great products, Great Service, Great company.

That's a bummer man. The Axe III is such a powerful unit, and being lucky enough to still have an MFC 101, I have been using mine live since July without issue. The lack of bidirectional communication is a bit annoying, but honestly not a deal breaker for me. Have you thought about picking up a used MFC? Maybe a less expensive 3rd party option like Voes? I know they won't do everything the FC's will be capable of, but at least you can rock the beast on stage and leave the AX8 as a backup.

I know we're all a little disappointed in the wait, but in my honest and humble opinion, the III is too powerful and phenomenal sounding to let a foot controller stand in my way of using it live.

So basically no light on IA switch shows on or off correct?

So basically no light on IA switch shows on or off correct?

IA lights still work for on/off, but not for whether or not a block is present in a patch. And as rcv24 has suggested, I can make it even more accurate with MFC edit. However, in my case, I use a "catch all" patch/scene that has everything I typically need for a show. Scene 1, I set to clean, with only reverb on. The MFC boots up showing only the IA for the reverb on and scene 1 selected. Then, as I go through a set, I turn on and off effect blocks as I see fit. Coming from a blues background, I don't do much tap dancing on the floor controller. However, there is one song in my set that kind of requires it, so I setup scenes 2-4 for that. Because I know what those scenes are for, I'm ok. Then back to scene 1 for the remainder of the night. I know that's not an ideal solution for everyone, but it's what I'm used to and how I like to run for the night.

Most recent was by the end of Fall
Which is Dec 21
If not going to happen then Matt will update us as it will obviously be
In new year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom