FC12 timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost at 5 months months now since the release of the III. Still no FC. I've gotten 2 invites and passed for the III because the FC isn't ready and I didn't want a "work around" in the interim. Hoping this isn't going to a year before the FC shows itself.

Almost at 5 months months now since the release of the III. Still no FC. I've gotten 2 invites and passed for the III because the FC isn't ready and I didn't want a "work around" in the interim. Hoping this isn't going to a year before the FC shows itself.

What do you want them to do? They had a manufacturing issue that hurt them every bit as badly as it hurt you. There are also global shortages on certain parts affecting production.

Have you ever rolled out a product launch of this scale ? Do you have 100% on time success bringing a product to market ?

Would you prefer they went and found the fastest production even if quality suffered ?

Would you of preferred they let the III’s sit in a warehouse for 6 months and not ship the product they did roll out on time ?

Do you want Cliff to give you a free III for the hassle ?

Seriously, what do some people want ? Oh no, you didn’t get your foot controller... boo boo. Cliff and FAS are feeling this to the tune likely several hundred dollars in production and R&D and production costs they can’t recoup until they start shipping as NO ONE was asked to prepay. You don’t see Cliff complaining about how badly this issue hurt his company and it’s A LOT bigger issue for him than it is for any of us.

Again, there were no promised dates, no one paid for soemthing up front, no one is out anything at all, but because it’s “I want, I want, I want” mentality these days it’s like FAS is maliciously not shipping a product just to ruin our lives.

as i mentioned in another thread, consider that the Axe-Fx Standard, Ultra, and II did not have a FAS controller available at launch. in my opinion, using available MIDI controllers is not a "workaround." many touring professionals, weekend warriors, and bedroom players have been using the Axe-Fx III to its fullest potential for their needs for months now.

yes, the FC will be great and integrate the best. and if that's what's holding you back, that's fine. but the Axe-Fx III is not unusable without one at all.

I'm pretty grateful for the workaround of not paying for/hauling around 260+ amps, 4,000+ cabs, more effects than I know what to do with... You get my point. Comparatively speaking, there are plenty of inexpensive ways to control this beast for the time being, especially if you browse the used FCB1010 market. I used one for years with my IIXL and enjoyed the hell out of it.

What do you want them to do? They had a manufacturing issue that hurt them every bit as badly as it hurt you. There are also global shortages on certain parts affecting production.

Have you ever rolled out a product launch of this scale ? Do you have 100% on time success bringing a product to market ?

Would you prefer they went and found the fastest production even if quality suffered ?

Would you of preferred they let the III’s sit in a warehouse for 6 months and not ship the product they did roll out on time ?

Do you want Cliff to give you a free III for the hassle ?

Seriously, what do some people want ? Oh no, you didn’t get your foot controller... boo boo. Cliff and FAS are feeling this to the tune likely several hundred dollars in production and R&D and production costs they can’t recoup until they start shipping as NO ONE was asked to prepay. You don’t see Cliff complaining about how badly this issue hurt his company and it’s A LOT bigger issue for him than it is for any of us.

Again, there were no promised dates, no one paid for soemthing up front, no one is out anything at all, but because it’s “I want, I want, I want” mentality these days it’s like FAS is maliciously not shipping a product just to ruin our lives.
Yo! What's the deal? This seems a way overly critical rebuke against a guy who simply expressed his desire for the FC to come out sooner.

"I want, I want, I want" mentality?
"FAS is maliciously not shipping a product to ruin" his life?
"A free III for the hassle?"
"Preferred they let the III's sit in a warehouse?"
Did he "roll out a product launch?"

I could go on, and he didn't say anything close to any of these. He didn't demand anything, come on man.

Almost at 5 months months now since the release of the III. Still no FC. I've gotten 2 invites and passed for the III because the FC isn't ready and I didn't want a "work around" in the interim. Hoping this isn't going to a year before the FC shows its
Yo! What's the deal? This seems a way overly critical rebuke against a guy who simply expressed his desire for the FC to come out sooner.

"I want, I want, I want" mentality?
"FAS is maliciously not shipping a product to ruin" his life?
"A free III for the hassle?"
"Preferred they let the III's sit in a warehouse?"
Did he "roll out a product launch?"

I could go on, and he didn't say anything close to any of these. He didn't demand anything, come on man.

If you don't see Tremonti's post as incredibly whiny and passive-aggressive given where it appeared in the thread...*shrug*
I don't see lqdsnddist's post as being any more unnecessary or egregious. Just people with too much free time venting online :D

Austin

using the Axe-Fx III to its fullest potential for their needs for months now.
While I pretty much agree with everything else you said, I don't really agree with this.

I think the fullest potential can only be achieved by using a controller that fully integrates with the Axe Fx III, or at the very least "mostly" integrates.

A generic midi controller with one way communication is useful, but still quite limited compared even to say an MFC-101 and Axe Fx II.

Wow.

Please leave off with the 'threats' (I'd buy but since you don't have a FC...no dice,) or the complaints that it doesn't work with your timeline/flow/expectation of what you 'deserve'. It's 'somewhat' valid that you cannot use it to it's full potential LIVE, but many workarounds have been posted with solutions with other controllers (MFC included.) But since a full accounting of that those features are still being formulated, how can we complain yet?

Matt has made is very clear that they are more anxious than you are to get this to us. Please respect that. Geez.

R

The FC products are expected to begin shipping this fall. Originally, we intended to have them in the store this past spring but there have been delays.

Cool! it has delay! But seriously folks, is there a thread announcing the release of the FC manual. On the waiting list, but really need to see the manual before pulling the trigger....

See the FC section in the Axe Fx III manual...

But beware that since its not released, you're not going to get what you want yet.

The manual updates will coincide with the release from what I've read elsewhere.

How is the schedule looking for the fall release of the foot controller? Still on track?

Man at this point who knows? My purchase of the 3 has been delayed because of this and it is frustrating. I don't care about work arounds with other midi devices or the MFC101. Is what it is and lets just hope they "get it right" as so many have mentioned with the delay.....like I want it immediately with major flaws or something. But supply parts low seems to be the delay and that is not their fault. Until then I'm learning as much about the 3 as possible and still loving my 2.

While I pretty much agree with everything else you said, I don't really agree with this.

I think the fullest potential can only be achieved by using a controller that fully integrates with the Axe Fx III, or at the very least "mostly" integrates.

A generic midi controller with one way communication is useful, but still quite limited compared even to say an MFC-101 and Axe Fx II.
IMO they should have released a work around for the MFC101 that would make it work with the 3 and have the IA lights reflect on off status and such. This would not prevent people from buying the FC6/12 when released because most will want the scribble strips and main reason for buying over keeping the MFC101. I know they say different code, but maybe they could have written something to work that would sufficed for a band aid until the FC was ready to party?

I have no coding background so I'm speaking out my ass. I just hope this wasn't bypassed because they were afraid they wouldn't sell as many FC's when they came out. If the FC's were ready to ship, I would see that as fine. But given the 9 month delay, it has caused them to lose 3 sales. Yes I'm sure they are fine money wise....just say'n.

Last edited:
Matt has already updated the timeline in one of the other threads in case it was missed
Fall goes from October to Dec21
He will update if it slips beyond that
Which would be early 2019
Obviously

Matt has been great about responding and I just asked again and here is his response. Not very good news in my view....I may actually switch back to playing my AX8 live, which I really don't want to do but my FCB1010 is limiting so I need to make a decision.

Hi Todd,

The FC series is expected to begin shipping in the next few months. We're waiting on parts needed to finish the production run.

Here's an article from earlier this year explaining the global shortage of capacitors:

https://www.ttiinc.com/content/ttii...ye/categories/passives/me-zogbi-20180302.html

--
Matt

That's a bummer man. The Axe III is such a powerful unit, and being lucky enough to still have an MFC 101, I have been using mine live since July without issue. The lack of bidirectional communication is a bit annoying, but honestly not a deal breaker for me. Have you thought about picking up a used MFC? Maybe a less expensive 3rd party option like Voes? I know they won't do everything the FC's will be capable of, but at least you can rock the beast on stage and leave the AX8 as a backup.

I know we're all a little disappointed in the wait, but in my honest and humble opinion, the III is too powerful and phenomenal sounding to let a foot controller stand in my way of using it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom