FC12 question

andyp13

Power User
will the FC6/12 allow me to do the following..
I would like to assign one of the switches to output a MIDI CC or PC every time I press it - this would be connected to a voodo Lab control switcher so I can start/stop my Click tracks.
also I would like one other switch to send out CC/PC on another MIDI chan to control my Vocal effects unit on/off.

is this possible with the FC6 or FC12 or does it only output MIDI CC or PC when I change a scene or preset?

Yes, you can do that with Control Switch midi... Note that you only have 6 global Control Switches.

Yes, you can do that with Control Switch midi... Note that you only have 6 global Control Switches.
Hi, sorry could you give a little more detail…
so are you saying I could send different MIDI CC or PC over different MIDI chans within a preset/scene without having to change the preset etc.. I was told that the FC‘s would only send out MIDI commands upon scene or preset changes, if this is not the case it certainly opens a few doors for me.

Hi, sorry could you give a little more detail…
so are you saying I could send different MIDI CC or PC over different MIDI chans within a preset/scene without having to change the preset etc.. I was told that the FC‘s would only send out MIDI commands upon scene or preset changes, if this is not the case it certainly opens a few doors for me.
The FCs don't send any midi. Only the Fractal device (Axe Fx III, etc) does.

They can send midi on scene changes (and possibly preset changes).

Control Switches can optionally send a midi payload after they fire their "normal" function (which doesn't have to be assigned to anything).

See page 14 here:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

Ok, read but didn’t really understand it, it seems overly complicated and I can’t figure out if it would do what I need, even the FC6 would be perfect ‘size wise’ but would be an expensive door stop to but and find it doesn’t do what I need….I have an FM9 so maybe it would be worth experimenting with that to see what I can do etc…

Last edited:
Ok, read but didn’t really understand it, it seems overly complicated and I can’t figure out if it would do what I need, even the FC6 would be perfect ‘size wise’ but would be an expensive door stop to but and find it doesn’t do what I need….I have an FM9 so maybe it would be worth experimenting with that to see what I can do etc…
It's really no more complicated than the Scene Midi block except you have to assign a switch to your layout instead of adding a block to your preset(s).
Since you have an FM9, you should be able to give it a test there.

I have a layout of the FC12 configured to control 6 commands in Reaper......Pause, Rewind, Stop, Play, Record, and ControlZ using all 6
of the control switches availabe like Unix mentioned. Since I wanted the midi to go to my PC from the Axe FX over USB, I had to get a
midi-to-USB adapter.....they can be had for cheap though.

Back
Top Bottom