FC12/Perform 2 (Layout 8) Default Wish

It would be cool if layout 8 (perform 2 on FC-12) would default to only display switches that correspond to the actual blocks used in that particular preset.

It would be cool if layout 8 (perform 2 on FC-12) would default to only display switches that correspond to the actual blocks used in that particular preset.
that's not possible. how would it know what blocks are in the preset? what order would they be in?

you can replace them with Per-Preset switches. you'll then have to assign the slots in each preset, as the name suggests.

there's just no way for a Layout to know what you have in what preset.

that's not possible. how would it know what blocks are in the preset? what order would they be in?

you can replace them with Per-Preset switches. you'll then have to assign the slots in each preset, as the name suggests.

there's just no way for a Layout to know what you have in what preset.
So, in theory, I can go to layout 8, clear all the switches then using per- presets assign something like this:
2 switches (amp channel toggle)
2 switches (scene toggle)
8 switches (effects bypass)
And assign a hold function on one of them as a layout link to take me to a different layout of my choice..
Or maybe I should get more acquainted to utilizing the power of scenes and channels instead.
I think for my use though, per-preset will fit better with my "stomp mode"
or stompbox style mentality.
Or then again, I could go the scenes/channels route and add a few external switches for delay/mod.
Or I guess I could just use layout 3 and tweak it.
Lot of ways to achieve the same goal.
Thanks for your reply.

So, in theory, I can go to layout 8, clear all the switches then using per- presets assign something like this:
2 switches (amp channel toggle)
2 switches (scene toggle)
8 switches (effects bypass)
And assign a hold function on one of them as a layout link to take me to a different layout of my choice..
Or maybe I should get more acquainted to utilizing the power of scenes and channels instead.
I think for my use though, per-preset will fit better with my "stomp mode"
or stompbox style mentality.
Or then again, I could go the scenes/channels route and add a few external switches for delay/mod.
Or I guess I could just use layout 3 and tweak it.
Lot of ways to achieve the same goal.
Thanks for your reply.
Sure! You can do anything like that. The default layouts are just starting points.

Sure! You can do anything like that. The default layouts are just starting points.
[/QUOTE]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't find some tutorial video for Per-Presets. No video out there?...Thank you.

They are programmed like regular layout switches, but are attached to the preset. Once they are set up, you assign them to locations on the layout, and whatever was there in that layout is replaced with the override switch.

I have one layout that is empty except for a single switch. It gets used for per-preset switches, so each preset can be set up with what switches it needs.

It may also help your process and setup to try to think of switches (in general) as ways to automate changes in sounds for parts of a song (similar to how one uses scenes) rather than as a virtual pedalboard. I use a mixed approach that combines the pedalboard approach and the automated sound changes approach. It usually results in less buttons needed to achieve a particular result....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom