FC Newbie question

I'm not seeing a way of assigning different colors for TAP or HOLD on an effects switch... I'm guessing that this is not a supported function..?

(And to preemptively answer the question of "why would you need to do that"... the answer is that my eyesight is poor and I can't read the scribble strips... a different color for denoting whether TAP or HOLD is active would definitely help me use the FC-12 live...)

I'm not seeing a way of assigning different colors for TAP or HOLD on an effects switch... I'm guessing that this is not a supported function..?

Correct. There is no color for HOLD because only the TAP function has an effect on the LED ring.

Thanks....looks like I'll probably disable the HOLD function and expand the number of effects blocks that I can toggle with a couple of external switches.

(And to preemptively answer the question of "why would you need to do that"... the answer is that my eyesight is poor and I can't read the scribble strips... a different color for denoting whether TAP or HOLD is active would definitely help me use the FC-12 live...)
Tap and Hold can both be active though. They are independent.

So if Hold had a color, how would you know if Tap was active?

Chris - that's a good point...in my scenario, I wouldn't want both TAP and HOLD to be active at the same time. For instance, I would like one switch to be able to toggle DRIVE 1 or DRIVE2, but not both both simultaneously...Same with compressors - I might want a light, always only COMPRESSOR on TAP and a heavy COMPRESSOR on HOLD, but not both at the same time....SAME with DELAY ad CHORUS....two different flavors via one switch, each flavor with its own color... I was envisioning something like this:

1) No LED color - neither effect on
2) TAP - EFFECT 1 ON, COLOR 1 BRIGHT
3) TAP - EFFECT 1 BYPASSED, COLOR 1 DIM
4) HOLD - EFFECT 2 ON, COLOR 2 BRIGHT
5) HOLD - EFFECT 2 BYPASSED, COLOR 2 DIM
6) TAP - both effects OFF...

Back
Top Bottom