FC Help Needed

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
Not sure which sub-forum this goes to

There are 9 FC layouts. I've customized layout 2 and 3. I want to save these layouts to specific presets.......so.....when I go to preset #403, layout 2 shows up and if I go to preset #421 layout 3 shows up. Is there an EZ way to do that? ---- rather than try to mess with per preset layout?

THANKS!!!
Out of [foot] Control in Columbus

Some of the gurus on here may correct me, but I don't think you can do that, even using layout links. Having said that, the per-preset layout is awesome and really not that hard to set up at all, once you get the Per-Preset FC definitions in place for a particular preset. I use it extensively to bring up just the buttons I need for a given preset, including scene changes, channel changes, effects on/off, etc... Might be worth playing with for a while to get a feel for it before deciding if it is a workable solution for you, if you haven't already. I hope you find what you're looking for! Please update us if you find a way to do this, for sure. Best of luck!

Thanks for your reply!!!

I played around with the Per Preset FC settings..........but what I don't get is how to "attach" them or "store" them to a particular preset. I even watched the Cooper Carter video --- but it's not clear

H E L P!!

Each footswitch that you want to use Per-Preset needs to be assigned as such from the FC Controllers>Category menu in Axe-Edit III. Within each preset, each footswitch you need to use must be assigned a function, this alters the preset and needs to be saved in order to link the new function with the preset.

I don't know how to "save" the per preset values for an FC to a specific preset?

Every time I go to a certain preset, it keeps bringing up layout 4. How does it know to do that vs. knowing to bring up preset specific values in the FC?

WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?????

If you are using a switch on the FC to open the preset, the switch has a Layout Link to layout 4.

No..... the switch has a link to a certain preset - select preset #406. Then the axe changes presets to #406, but with that change, layout #4 is shown on the FC.

This is sooOOOOOOooo frustrating.

there isn't really a "load x layout when preset y loads" function. Layout Links are the closest thing but it functions on what specific switch you press (in a layout) and not what preset loads.

there isn't really a "load x layout when preset y loads" function. Layout Links are the closest thing but it functions on what specific switch you press (in a layout) and not what preset loads.

Thanks for your reply........... -- but SOMEHOW.....when I bring up preset #406, it ALWAYS uses layout #4, and I don't want it to.

Why ....I promise you that someplace in the preset data, or in the axe globally --- there is logic to determine which layout to use. HOW or where is that and how do I change that?

I use per-preset overrides for all my stuff. I have 2 layouts that do everything.

Layout 1 has ten preset-in-bank select buttons for 1-10, with tap-tempo/layout-2 and increment/decrement bank switches rounding out the dozen. All the presets have layout links to Layout 2.

Layout 2 has only the tap-tempo/layout-1 switch and eleven blank slots to put per-preset overrides onto. It's incredibly flexible.

Thanks for your reply........... -- but SOMEHOW.....when I bring up preset #406, it ALWAYS uses layout #4, and I don't want it to.

Why ....I promise you that someplace in the preset data, or in the axe globally --- there is logic to determine which layout to use. HOW or where is that and how do I change that?
as i asked before, how exactly are you "bringing up" the preset? on the axe? or a button on the FC?

YES.....there ABSOLUTELY is a DEFAULT layout. You DO see it in the setup menu on the Axe Fx iii itself - see the picture below.

My "startup" layout was set to 4, so consequently layout 4 kept showing up.

View attachment 59439
i could be wrong, but i think that's just the layout that comes up on power up. i don't think it's the layout that defaults when you change presets. otherwise if you're on a "preset select" layout, it'd just change to that startup layout you might not want at the time.

i could be wrong, but i think that's just the layout that comes up on power up. i don't think it's the layout that defaults when you change presets. otherwise if you're on a "preset select" layout, it'd just change to that startup layout you might not want at the time.

Chris - thanks for reading and replying

Actually, I think (not 100% certain) that it is the "default" layout that comes up when you go to a preset. I set this, or reset this to Layout 1, which is what I wanted. I turned the unit on and off a few times, and it kept coming up to this same layout. I moved around to some factory presets that I never use - and this same Layout (Layout 1) is what shows on my FC.

I "wish" there was a way to set one of the 9 (OK only 8 because number 9 is the special Layout Menu Layout) default menus to a preset, but I don't think there is. You can, of course "override" any particular layout and the default/startup layout here - via "per preset" values for each button, but that's a lot of work WHEN say 2 or 3 custom layouts cover 100% of what you might need for the 10 or 12 presets you always use.

Just my $0.02 there........

Back
Top Bottom