Wish FC Controllers Display Upgrade

Hi Guys!
I hope everything ok!

The FCs are amazing controllers! It’s so fun play with them! I love the rings and views (12 rings to rule them all)
And about the functions? Everything is great, can be customized with great facility!

Thank you very much Cliff and Fractal Team!

Nevertheless, may I ask you a favor?

• Would be possible please increase the readability of central display?
  • In fact, all displays (mini too) could be enlarged a little and get better contrast.

It’s just a suggestion, Cliff!
You deserves all congrats with the FC!

All the best to all!

Hi Guys!
I hope everything ok!

The FCs are amazing controllers! It’s so fun play with them! I love the rings and views (12 rings to rule them all)
And about the functions? Everything is great, can be customized with great facility!

Thank you very much Cliff and Fractal Team!

Nevertheless, may I ask you a favor?

• Would be possible please increase the readability of central display?
  • In fact, all displays (mini too) could be enlarged a little and get better contrast.

It’s just a suggestion, Cliff!
You deserves all congrats with the FC!

All the best to all!
You know the contrast is adjustable...

The Mk II versions of the FC units have larger displays for the scribble strips, bigger fonts and improved contrast. See the sidebar on https://www.fractalaudio.com/fc-controllers/ for a visual demo.
Hi Greg Ferguson!
Thank you really much for your time!

So, I have the mark II and, despite the mini displays has larger fonts, better contrast, the central display is a bit faded.

It would be great in the future a model with different displays. It’s help a lot for to play in stand position.

It would be great in the future a model with different displays. It’s help a lot for to play in stand position.
I’m sure that as technology improves they will take advantage of the changes when they’re able to. That’s what seems to have happened with the transition from the Mk I series to Mk II.

I’m sure that as technology improves they will take advantage of the changes when they’re able to. That’s what seems to have happened with the transition from the Mk I series to Mk II.
Yes, Greg Ferguson.
I agree.
In meanwhile, a bold font (if tech possible, of course) can help about the central display.

All the best to you!
Thank you and to all for comprehension.

Perhaps the “wish” tag was removed in between your wish, and when you identified you actually have the FC MKII? Someone may have mistakenly thought the “wish” was already fulfilled. If you only owned the FC MK I, the newer FC MK II would qualify as satisfying the specified wish. Supposition on my part….🤷‍♂️
Cheers

Perhaps the “wish” tag was removed in between your wish, and when you identified you actually have the FC MKII? Someone may have mistakenly thought the “wish” was already fulfilled. If you only owned the FC MK I, the newer FC MK II would qualify as satisfying the specified wish. Supposition on my part….🤷‍♂️
Cheers
Hi is9582, thank you very much for your post.
Yeah, maybe that has happen.

Although I has the mark II, I really would like to see a new fc with a better display.

Like a said before, the fc is wonderful, the functions are great, in a way I never has imagined. And I thank to Cliff and team a lot! I only miss a display with better contrast and more readable.

Thank you again, dude!

Although I has the mark II, I really would like to see a new fc with a better display.
We have no insight into the sourcing of the parts used in the production of the units, but Cliff said…

[1] The entire product line was conceived years ago. The goal was to maximize the number of parts shared between products.

The footswitch PC boards do three switches each. An FM3 has one board. An FC6 has two. An FM9 has three and an FC12 has four.

All products use the same LCDs, encoders, side plates, etc., etc. This reduces cost and repair inventory. The FC6 and the FM3 are basically the same enclosure. The FC12 and FM9 are basically the same enclosure.

This isn't a huge market. Margins are thin so you have to think of ways to minimize development and product costs. Parts bin methodology is the route we took on this generation.

As the various underlying technologies improve, Fractal seems to incorporate them into the product line. When will they do it? Only Fractal knows.

Thank you very much Greg Ferguson!
Cliff and Fractal Team did a great job!
Love the fc functions.
Let’s wait for the next in the future. Until that, let’s fun.
Thanks again, dude!

Back
Top Bottom