FC-6 Preset Function LED ring color still dim when selected by number

violynn

Hi All,

I hope someone has an answer to this. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I have a setting that needs to be changed.

I own and use both an FM3 and an Axe FX III.

On my FM3, when I set the Function of the Layout to "Preset by Number", the Preset selected is Bright and the other switches are dim (as expected). However, all preset switches on my FC-6, regardless of which is selected, remain the same dim level of brightness.

According to the FC-6 manual, it should be the same as the FM3:

PRESET: SELECT BY NUMBER
Creates a footswitch that is “hard-wired” to a specific preset. For example, a switch that selects Preset 1, or Preset 442 .
Preset – Designates the desired Preset by its number on the Axe-Fx III or FM3 . The LED ring is bright when the designated preset is loaded, otherwise dim .

I have the Original FC-6 and have updated to Firmware 1.12 and the FX III is updated to Firmware Version 23.05.

Appreciate any assistance here!

Thank you,
JLynn

Do the LED rings light up bright for other features like Effect Bypass/Engage? On my mark 1 FC-12, Preset by Number switches light up as expected when selected.

What are your LED brightness levels set to for Bright and Dim in the FC Config menu?
1708917265345.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 7.53.46 PM.png
This is current appearance. I don't have the top 3 switches set to anything so it's just three particular presets on the bottom row.
Before I removed the top three switches, I did see that some effects were lit up, so it is strange to me that the presets are not when selected.
I'm going to try your settings and see if it makes a difference.
Thanks for your quick reply!

So when I move the "Ring Int. Bright" knob up and down, nothing changes on the FC-6 controller, but when I move the knob for "Ring Int. Dim" it definitely changes color, which leads me to believe that the presets, whether selected or not selected, remain dim.

More to share.
I attempted to put my same three presets on the top row, and they don't light up there either. These presets are presets I made past the factory ones (0392, 0393 and 0394).
Delved a little bit more into it. Strangely enough, any preset from 0000 - 0127 whether on the top or bottom row does light up when selected, but anything past 0127 will not. Additionally, when a preset past 0127 is selected, the preset from 0000-0127 remains lit up. I added multiple presets from 0000 - 0127 and the LED ring changes brightness when changing between those presets, but not on the presets after 0127.
Why is this happening?

Post a picture of your switch settings...

Also make sure you're comparing settings for actual layout you're using.

Is the Axe FX actually changing to the selected preset as expected? On my FC-12 presets higher than 127 still light up as expected with Preset Select by Number.

Do you by chance have PC Mapping turned on the in the MIDI/Remote menu? That can cause weird behavior with preset switching in the FC units.

Is the Axe FX actually changing to the selected preset as expected? On my FC-12 presets higher than 127 still light up as expected with Preset Select by Number.

Do you by chance have PC Mapping turned on the in the MIDI/Remote menu? That can cause weird behavior with preset switching in the FC units.
OMG.
YOU FIXED IT!!
PC Mapping was on. As soon as I turned it off the light changed color.
Thank you so much!!
Resolved!!!

Yeah that's come up a few times. I don't believe the manual makes any mention of keeping that turned off while using an FC unit. It's intended for remapping MIDI selection of presets, but also tends to cause issues with the FC units as well.

Back
Top Bottom