FC-6 lockup during gig

bstaley

Inspired
I played my 3rd gig with the Axe-III/FC-6 this weekend. Halfway through the night the pedalboard completely froze. It was still lit up and displaying everything, but was unresponsive to any button pressing. I had to unplug and replug the XLR cable in between songs and then it seemed to work fine the rest of the night. This has me a little nervous. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? What if it happens again? Is there any sort of diagnostic I could do that would help Fractal figure out what is happening? Running firmware 1.09.

The vast majority of the time, something like this winds up being a cable. Either a bad cable, or the XLR end isn't latched in at either the FC or the Axe. Keep in mind that for this purpose, the XLR cable is transmitting both power and data. There has to be a solid and constant/consistent connection. With audio, you've got a little wiggle room for error, so a bad cable may work with your mic, but not with the FC.

Well said, @GaryB. Also, be sure not to use an external power supply except on daisy chained units (and use a good one for those).

Back
Top Bottom