FC-6 DAW Control

Dunconia

Inspired
Anyone using there FC controller for DAW control (Play, Stop, Record, etc)? Can this work independently of the presets? In other words, if I dedicate a layout to DAW control, will it only work in the preset I set it up in? Reading the manual, I could use control switches to send the midi. Does that work through USB? Maybe it’s better to use a separate controller for the DAW?

No midi over usb, but you can send midi from the Axe midi output

Sadly only 6 CS right now so if you use a layout of them for DAW control etc, then you don’t have any left for other internal stuff

Really need to have more CS as it’s super useful using some for midi control but just not enough to go around

No midi over usb, but you can send midi from the Axe midi output

Sadly only 6 CS right now so if you use a layout of them for DAW control etc, then you don’t have any left for other internal stuff

Really need to have more CS as it’s super useful using some for midi control but just not enough to go around
That's what I started thinking the more I researched it. I ran across a $99 controller that might solve this for me. Looptimus mini. USB bus powered. 3 switches. I can use it for play, stop, record, etc. The switches have a momentary and hold function like the FC6. Worth a shot for $99.

That looks like a pretty cool little unit, and it’s class complaint to be able to work with an iOS app too which is cool

Wonder if it would be hard to take it apart and put the switches into a larger enclosure so they aren’t so close together ?

That looks like a pretty cool little unit, and it’s class complaint to be able to work with an iOS app too which is cool

Wonder if it would be hard to take it apart and put the switches into a larger enclosure so they aren’t so close together ?
Fantastic question! I’m ordering one. I’ll check it out. It looks like the middle switch is a bit taller which is cool. I’ve got larger feet so I’ll report back.

I got the Looptimus Mini in. It works great for DAW control! The switches are pretty well designed. The middle switch sits a little higher than the other two, so the positioning of the switches doesn't make the unit feel cramped at all, even for my big feet. Super simple. Works like the FC controllers the way that you can have two assignments depending on quick press/held press.

Back
Top Bottom