FC-12 Ring Color Sequence

ZenX

I have a foot switch on the FC-12 that, when pressed, will advance custom looping software from track one to track two, and when pressed again, advances it to track three., and then to track four. However, I have no visual way of knowing which track I am currently on (I don't want to look at a laptop while I'm playing, and its off stage). I was wondering if the FC-12 could be programmed so that each press on this single foot switch would change the color on the switch, so, that by color status, I could tell which track I am currently on in the looping software. Is this possible, or perhaps some other way to visually tell what the status of an incremented foot switch is? Or maybe there is an altogether different approach, although I like the idea of using color on the FC-12 switch itself.

Nope... The LED ring color shows only bright, dim or off based on the state of the primary (tap) function.

I have a foot switch on the FC-12 that, when pressed, will advance custom looping software from track one to track two, and when pressed again, advances it to track three., and then to track four. However, I have no visual way of knowing which track I am currently on (I don't want to look at a laptop while I'm playing, and its off stage). I was wondering if the FC-12 could be programmed so that each press on this single foot switch would change the color on the switch, so, that by color status, I could tell which track I am currently on in the looping software. Is this possible, or perhaps some other way to visually tell what the status of an incremented foot switch is? Or maybe there is an altogether different approach, although I like the idea of using color on the FC-12 switch itself.
I’m not sure how many of the FC layouts you are currently using, but you could make four almost-identical layouts, with the only difference being the color of that particular foot switch. For example, if you’re in FC layout 1 and you’re using footswitch 1, program it do do your midi note or whatever for your app, and also link to layout two. On layout two, make that switch a different color. Repeat for layouts 3/4.

Of course, there won’t be any two way communication with the app, so even if something goes wrong in the app, the FC will visually only tell you how many times you’ve hit the switch.

Hey getlostinsound, thats a wonderful idea, a workaround for sure, but thats what it takes some time. I appreciate your comment on the footswitch and app not literally being locked, but with careful prep it could serve its purpose well. I appreciate your creative thinking!

Hey getlostinsound, thats a wonderful idea, a workaround for sure, but thats what it takes some time. I appreciate your comment on the footswitch and app not literally being locked, but with careful prep it could serve its purpose well. I appreciate your creative thinking!
Hope it works, or maybe it’ll get your wheels turning and you’ll come up with something better!

Back
Top Bottom