FC-12/6 - Any signal loss when switching presets / scenes?

Joe Ivory

Hi folks,

As I gear up to get an FC12, can anyone who uses one tell me if there is any momentary cut in the signal when you switch scenes or presets?

I use a Ground Control Pro at the moment and there's a definite cut in sound as the switch in scenes is made.

This was never an issue with my Kemper, but I had the Kemper footswitch.

Cheers,

J

There's only a dropout if you switch channels on an active amp block. Switching channels on most if not all other block types is fine. There's no dropout when switching between different Amp blocks, eg. Amp 1 in Scene 1 and Amp 2 in Scene 2.

I just use Scene Modifiers to control Input Drive and whatever else I need on Amp 1 for most of my dirty sounds in a preset and then use Amp 2 for cleans or any other sounds I might want that would require amp models.

Hi folks,

As I gear up to get an FC12, can anyone who uses one tell me if there is any momentary cut in the signal when you switch scenes or presets?

I use a Ground Control Pro at the moment and there's a definite cut in sound as the switch in scenes is made.

This was never an issue with my Kemper, but I had the Kemper footswitch.

Cheers,

J
Kemper morphing thing is pretty cool

There's only a dropout if you switch channels on an active amp block. Switching channels on most if not all other block types is fine. There's no dropout when switching between different Amp blocks, eg. Amp 1 in Scene 1 and Amp 2 in Scene 2.

I just use Scene Modifiers to control Input Drive and whatever else I need on Amp 1 for most of my dirty sounds in a preset and then use Amp 2 for cleans or any other sounds I might want that would require amp models.

That's good to hear. The Kemper 'performance' mode was actually pretty good for playing live because it let you create a patch for each song, then scenes within it - which could be completely different amp models. And absolutely no dropout when you switch.

That's possible with the Axe, of course. Just wanted to check that switching scenes / profiles was seamless - cos with my Ground Control Pro, it ain't.

Thanks a million, mate.

Right. So are you saying that there is a loss of signal when you switch or not? Or have I misunderstood?
He's saying it had nothing to do with the controller. The controller only tells the Axe Fx to change presets. The behavior of the Axe is the same whether you use a midi controller, the FC or the knob on the front panel.

There is a brief gap when changing presets regardless of how the change is initiated.

The FC has zero to do with it, it is all done within the axefx. There is a tiny delay when switching, probably less than channel switching on a "real" amp.

Weird. I wonder why it's so pronounced with my Ground Control Pro...
Are you also sending IA state values along with the PC change message? That can cause preset changes to see slow as the state of blocks within the preset are changed to match the IA switch states of the GC Pro when you switch presets.

Back
Top Bottom