FBT Verve 8ma - Reducing the amount of limiting?

jarrett

Inspired
I just got my Verve 8ma in today and it does sound great, but only at low volumes for me. For comparison sake, I'm running a ART SLA-1 bridged (260 watts @ 8ohms) through a VHT 2x12 cab. I usually run the Axe-FX Output2 around 50% with the SLA-1 dimed. This Verve 8ma can't approach anywhere near that volume without heavily engaging what appears to be a built in limiter.

To do some A/Bing, I had the FBT Verve 8ma on Output1 and the SLA-1/VHT 2x12 setup on Output2. One my Fryette D60M based patch, I can only get Output1 up to about 40% before the 8ma complete clamps down and drastically reduces volume. Sound level wise, this is lower than what I usually run my SLA-1/VHT 2x12 at.

I noticed on my clean presets and most of the factory presets I can run the Output1 volume higher before the limiting occurs on the 8ma. I'm assuming there is something going on with my homegrown SLA-1/VHT 2x12 based presets that's giving the 8ma grief.

Are there any tricks I can do (EQ, compression, etc) to keep the 8ma from clamping down so soon? Thanks in advance.

jarrett said:
Are there any tricks I can do (EQ, compression, etc) to keep the 8ma from clamping down so soon? Thanks in advance.
You're probably causing compression with the amount of lower frequencies you're producing. I'd try turning up the Lo Cut frequency in the amp block and see how far you have to go before the problem goes away.

You are comparing a single powered 8" speaker to a 2X12" speaker.

Physics say... no way man.

It's a different tool. Aim it at your melon, stay withing a few feet. It's not about what is louder, it can't play that game with a 2x12 pushed with 260 watts.

Back
Top Bottom