FBT verve 12ma vs Mackie HR824

frankiev

Experienced
Not sure if posting here is bending the rules . I decided to sell my 12ma , see the for sale section if interested . I much prefer my mackie HR 824's .Besides being stereo they are flatter which I suppose is to be expected . Since I dont gig I really dont need to be portable . Am I giving up too soon on the verve ?

I can't tell you if you are giving up too soon on the 12ma's, but I have to admit I am eyeing that sale up very closely. If the Fractal FRFR solution release wasn't so close (close being a relative term) I'm sure it would be gone already (maybe by ME :)
Sometimes you just find out what works for you and that's all you really need. Go push further for no good reason doesn't always make sense. I've learned that the hard way with gear.

hmmmm,,,, I have a pair of FBT Verve 8ma's and a pair of Mackie HR824's. When I A/B them, the FBT's blow the mackies out of the water, for clarity, articulation, tightness, and overall pleasing to the ear. FWIW.

jiagap said:
hmmmm,,,, I have a pair of FBT Verve 8ma's and a pair of Mackie HR824's. When I A/B them, the FBT's blow the mackies out of the water, for clarity, articulation, tightness, and overall pleasing to the ear. FWIW.

If that is the pair of Mackie's you brought over to my place....I whole heatedly agree.

No, Michael, the Mackies I brought over were the srm350's. The HRM824's are studio monitors. But I would agree the Verve 8ma's blows them both away.

Back
Top Bottom