FBC1010 Uno. How to Preset incr/decr ?

Snegov1k

I have FCB1010 with Uno. Is there any CC# can change Program Change's value ++ ? (like scene incr, scene decr) ?
For example I wanna change presets from 1 to 15 with one button. Now I have 1 button = 2 presets. One button can toggle between only two CC#0 values because there is no CC# for changing PC value +1 or -1.

Ultra has Preset Increase and Preset Decrease, but only assignable to the pedal 1 & 2 jacks on the back of the Ultra.

It’s not doable with FCB1010 with UNO. As said above you can only use AXE FX Pedal input and configure it for PRESET UP, from SW1 or 2 of FCB. There is no PRESET DOWN. You can only switch between 127 presets with this method…(yes, strange approach…)
Anyway, here is the workaround that works fine, but PC in the middle is needed, so its applicable only for studio or home:
You need some midi translator program, like for example BOME’S MIDI TRANSLATOR, that can change any MIDI message into other MIDI message (In your case this will be CC into PC+1 or PC-1).
Additionally of course you need FCB MIDI EDITOR (I use the one by Ed Dixon)
Connection:
FCB <-midi cables, both directions-> PC (I use USB midi i/o) <-USB cable-> Axe Fx.
Configuration of FCB1010:
You will need 4 pedals on FCB (see below info about 2 pedals solution) from your FCB to access all 383 presets in AxeFx
Pedal 1: PRESET DOWN
Pedal2: PRESET UP
Pedal3: First press: Bank 0 (presets 0-127), Second press: Bank 1 (presets 128-255)
Pedal 4: Bank 2 (presets – 256 -383), Second press: Bank 0
You can use any CC messages but let’s say we use (in FCB midi editor):
Pedal 1/Preset DOWN: CC = 23, Value = 10 (or whatever) no ALT value (ALT is for second pedal press – so no need here)
Peda2/Preset UP: CC = 22; Value = 10
Pedal3/ Bank 0 or Bank 1: CC =0, Value = 0, Value =1 (So here we use ALT for second press to switch to bank1)
Pedal4/Bank 2: CC=0, Value =2 , Value 0 (So here we use ALT for second press to switch back to bank0)
Configure FCB to send all CCs on channel 16 (any would work, but this will be used in the example)
That’s it on FCB side.

Now you need to configure MIDI translator on PC:
Create new Preset, name it “inc/dec” or as you like.
In this preset create 2 separate translations, one for PC+1 (preset UP) and one for PC-1 (preset DOWN).
Midi translator can listen to your MIDI in messages as you press FCB button, but if you use CC’s as selected above here is the configuration:
For PC+1 translation:
Set trigger type to “MIDI message”
Incoming Tab: BF 16 0A
Rule Tab (create 2 rules):
ga=ga+1
if ga>=127 then ga=1-0
Outgoing Tab: CF ga

For PC-1 translation:
Set trigger type to “MIDI message”
Incoming Tab: BF 17 0A
Rule Tab (create 2 rules):
ga=ga-1
if ga>=0 then ga=127-0
Outgoing Tab: CF ga

Set your Axe Fx to listen also on channel 16.
In Midi Translator set MIDI in to Your FCB Midi out; and Midi out to Midi in of Axe Fx.
This should work now.
It’s not very complicated.

Now if you want to do the same but just with 2 pedals, there is another method, if you are familiar with Scrutinizer’s Lemur Midi controller template (real masterpiece and must have!!!) – This template has already implemented PROGRAM UP and DOWN. You can simply assign FCB’s 2 pedals to the up and down buttons on FCB – and it works! This is the best method, providing you would be OK to have iPad in between. FCB + Scuntinizer’s gives you ocean of possibilities, and for me eases waiting for LF+PRO, frankly the more I use this combo the less I think about buying other controller…

Back
Top Bottom