Favorite Vintage Fender Tweed amp Sounds -- Here's mine, Where's yours?

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I love this patch. When playing doing 60s/70s cover songs, I inevitably come to this patch and stay put on it, it's so versatile and works great with both low-wind humbuckers and single coils. It took a lot of tweaking on my end by "ears" (not eyes) and you'll note it's weird under patch analysis -- because the tone controls are almost all at zero, and with a 8 db clean boost into the amps with a BB pre-amp drive, but it all works like magic.

Dual amp set up. I use Red Wirez IR in stereo cab configuration (pan) one Tweed Deluxe P12R's R121 Cap Edge off axis 1" inch and the same P12R's R121 but second is with Cone on axis at 1"

Critical thing to dial it in: I set the Gain t controlled by exp. #4 for "drive" (so reassign to your own exp. pedal) -- this gets you exactly the distortion amount you want, gritty or roaring. I rarely use effects with this patch, and man it sounds great in open G tuning on a tele bridge pickup, move over Keef!

Hope you enjoy -- and how about sharing your favorite vintage Fender Tweed amp patches here in this thread?!?

Attachments

• Dual Tweed Deluxe BG(2).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 228
You have a good point there austinbuddy, tweaking using the ears is the way to go. Important not to get reduced to habits in this blackbox universe.
"aaah heeeeell no I ain't playin on no preset like that, look at it!"

Hey Austinbuddy
just tried the patch--its great
gunna be a keeper for my single coils
thanks for sharing all of your hard work--this kills any of the presets for a great single coil crunch sound
my patches arent quite up to the sharing stage yet--only had axe 2 for about 3 weeks and no previous axe experience
no exp pedals yet but mfc
tweaked it a bit by adding a rat cat on drive 2 y for a slightly dirtier b sound (alternate drive 2 x/y on mfc)
it just sounds sweet!!!!
all the stratty articulate tones with some dirt behind it
you have opened my eyes ?ears to experimenting with two amps--thanks
ps whats with the weird cabling to the bottom reverb?

thanks gittarzan... i rarely use it all the way down, that nice "Stones" breakup is near half way in...but if you want the beginning to 'Don't Take Me Alive" by Steely Dan, which was done on an old Tweed Deluxe by larry carlton, then put the pedal to the floor!

Hi Austinbuddy

Great,yes great patch.Like it a lot even without cranked by the pedal.

I hope you would do a similar Blackface as well

Roland

Me some too!

Got Tweed. The first one (Rev Billy G) is actually a model of a '62 Brownface Deluxe
with a DOD overdrive into a Bender Fuzz. People assumed he was playing Tweeds,
but many videos attest it was Brown Deluxes in the early days (with multiple stacked pedals).

The other two are super fat, medium-low gain. Designed to play with bright Fenders.
Turn up treble/presence if you use humbuckers.

Attachments

• Reverend Billy G.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 78
  • '58 Tweed Deluxe.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 62
  • '59 Tweed Bassman.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom