Favorite amps for Strats?

giantslayer

Experienced
I’m currently in the process of rebuilding my main kitchen sink preset. I started with making the switch to dynacabs, and now everything is on the table and I’m trying new amps. My main guitar is a single coil strat and I tend to gravitate towards edge of breakup, but also need clean and mid gain (which I’ve generally achieved with a pedal into an EOB amp).

What are your favorite amps/cabs/pedals for strats and tips for dialing them in?

Reactions: rog
FTR-37 for cleans and a bit of grit. I have different scenes to dial in the amp and dynacab separately for my neck and bridge pickups.

Depends on the genre. JC120 for the 1975 thing, plexi set clean for RHCP, AC30 for U2, cranked plexi or 5153/6160 for double tracked rock chords (HSS), etc.

I likewise mostly use EoB amps, run everything into the front, and use drive pedals for gain. High gain amp tones excluded obviously.

I've had the axe fx for 15 years (yikes) and been through all of them. If I had to choose one, it would be the Vibroverb. I'm using The Ownhammer Vibroverb IR's.

Others that have been great for me is the Princetone AA964, Swart, and the Carr Rambler with the dynacabs is just amazing.

Dirty Shirley
That one is already one of my favorites, actually the one amp I am happy enough with that I might keep.

It won out over the JTM45 because I liked how I could throw a pedal or boost at it to give it a little more oomph, whereas the JTM45 would sag when I pushed it. However, I did like the character that the JTM45 had, and it’s been quite a while. Might be worth giving the JTM45 another shot and maybe tinkering with an advanced parameter or two.

I've had the axe fx for 15 years (yikes) and been through all of them. If I had to choose one, it would be the Vibroverb. I'm using The Ownhammer Vibroverb IR's.

Others that have been great for me is the Princetone AA964, Swart, and the Carr Rambler with the dynacabs is just amazing.
Which Vibroverb?

Back
Top Bottom