Favorite all in one amp model?

Silverface! Does 99% of what I do with the box actually. Which is ironic given the insane amount of amps in there.

Jens

ODS 100 for 6L6 flavors.
ODS 100 HRM for EL34

yummm!

But: I typically don't try to do it all with one amp model and the volume knob. When I first got the AX8 I'd set up two settings of one amp on X/Y. Now, I prefer selecting a complementary pair (for tonal continuity) for the X and Y: the X for clean to overdriven, the Y for overdriven to heavy distortion, or for differences in the texture or focus of the OD, etc. Vibrolux and Bassman are a great combo. Silver Jubilee and Plexi 50w Jump pair well. Deizel VH4 2 & 3 for tight modern. Various pairings of the ODS-100 and one of the other Dumble variants are my wheelhouse. Wider sweet spot for the V & T knob manipulations if there's a channel dedicated to each of lower and higher gain ranges within the preset. I also come up with an X/Y cabinet set which works with both amp models. With scenes and a switch dedicated to Amp X/Y, often stay on one preset all night.

Reactions: JTI
ODS 100 for 6L6 flavors.
ODS 100 HRM for EL34

yummm!

But: I typically don't try to do it all with one amp model and the volume knob. When I first got the AX8 I'd set up two settings of one amp on X/Y. Now, I prefer selecting a complementary pair (for tonal continuity) for the X and Y: the X for clean to overdriven, the Y for overdriven to heavy distortion, or for differences in the texture or focus of the OD, etc. Vibrolux and Bassman are a great combo. Silver Jubilee and Plexi 50w Jump pair well. Deizel VH4 2 & 3 for tight modern. Various pairings of the ODS-100 and one of the other Dumble variants are my wheelhouse. Wider sweet spot for the V & T knob manipulations if there's a channel dedicated to each of lower and higher gain ranges within the preset. I also come up with an X/Y cabinet set which works with both amp models. With scenes and a switch dedicated to Amp X/Y, often stay on one preset all night.
Going to have to try that one. I worked on a el34 based 5153 yesterday that I was digging quite a bit. I probably should pair it with a 5150 block letter to get more of the 6534 flavor but whatever. The ODS might be a cool variant and I dig the heck out of el34s in real life!

Going to have to try that one. I worked on a el34 based 5153 yesterday that I was digging quite a bit. I probably should pair it with a 5150 block letter to get more of the 6534 flavor but whatever. The ODS might be a cool variant and I dig the heck out of el34s in real life!
With EL34 amp models you might also try swapping in Ideal Pentode for the EL34s (advanced power amp parameters) for some nuanced differences with a similar character (I really like the results with the ODS-100 HRM - in fact - this might be my favorite "all in one" ). So great to be able to usefully customize with a few adjustments in software.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTI
With EL34 amp models you might also try swapping in Ideal Pentode for the EL34s (advanced power amp parameters) for some nuanced differences with a similar character (I really like the results with the ODS-100 HRM - in fact - this might be my favorite "all in one" ). So great to be able to usefully customize with a few adjustments in software.
The HRM is a beefy flipping amplifier! Good call on that one!

Back
Top Bottom