Favorite “non-Marshall” Marshall amps?

Ha - right. Yeah, the list is so long so I was hoping for a bit of prioritization. I’ve received great suggestions and look forward to cranking it up this weekend!
so cool, Its crazy long, having a FM3 for the better part of a year and half I've explored many amp models, I find the Marshalls to be the ones that can make hairs on my arms stand up every time I power it on... cant wait to be back from vaca to unpack and play with my FM9! Cheers!

There are many Marshall-alikes. The Hot Kitty (Bad Cat Hot Cat) definitely has a Marshall vibe and could be my favorite.

YES!!

I'm a old school metal guy. I stumbled ...I MEAN STUMBLED... onto the Hot Kitty model when I was dicking around. And I cannot find a sim that I like anywhere near as much as I love the Hot Kitty. I was dedicated to the FAS Modern 3 until this. When I compare other models in the same patch ... everything just sounds so small.

I'm learning that a lot of it has to do with the default speaker settings. The Hot Kitty has an obscene LF resonance preset with it.

But the sim cleans up with the guitar volume knob so well. It's so punchy through my 2 4x12s. It's so grindy through my York Audio IRs.

The Hot Kitty preset is NOTHING like what I fumbled into. I uploaded a patch on Axe-Exchange...but you wont get anything unless you choose your own IRs.

Its the best sound I've ever had. I constantly try to out do it with checking out other sims, stealing patches from Axe-Exchange.

Before this, the best sound I ever had was cranking a Cameron modded 100w Plexi. And maybe my Axe Ultra after years of tweaking.

YES!!

I'm a old school metal guy. I stumbled ...I MEAN STUMBLED... onto the Hot Kitty model when I was dicking around. And I cannot find a sim that I like anywhere near as much as I love the Hot Kitty. I was dedicated to the FAS Modern 3 until this. When I compare other models in the same patch ... everything just sounds so small.

I'm learning that a lot of it has to do with the default speaker settings. The Hot Kitty has an obscene LF resonance preset with it.

But the sim cleans up with the guitar volume knob so well. It's so punchy through my 2 4x12s. It's so grindy through my York Audio IRs.

The Hot Kitty preset is NOTHING like what I fumbled into. I uploaded a patch on Axe-Exchange...but you wont get anything unless you choose your own IRs.

Its the best sound I've ever had. I constantly try to out do it with checking out other sims, stealing patches from Axe-Exchange.

Before this, the best sound I ever had was cranking a Cameron modded 100w Plexi. And maybe my Axe Ultra after years of tweaking.
I also use York Audio IRs (well, I haven’t tried them in my FM9 yet, because I’ve been exploring existing cabs/IRs). Anyway - which YA IR are you using for the Hot Kitty? I’ll have to try the same.

I also use York Audio IRs (well, I haven’t tried them in my FM9 yet, because I’ve been exploring existing cabs/IRs). Anyway - which YA IR are you using for the Hot Kitty? I’ll have to try the same.

Sorry for the delayed response.

My 'go to' right now is the YA Mesa cab, specifically Mix 03.

The YAs are super fashionable right now, and I've always loved Justin's work and his playing. In this instance, I have yet to bring up a stock cab in the Axe 3 in this config with the Hot-Kitty, that was anything less than awesome.

Leon's LT TV mix 7 cab works nicely too.

Soldano slo 100 is a different thing than a Marshall in my opinion... Friedman splawn and cameron are hot rotted Marshalls

As I have said before, my favorite Marshall tone seems to change every so often with certain firmware updates (i.e. Cygnus). My current favorite is the Cameron CCV 2A. I expect that to change at some point. Definitely not a complain as every time I do change, it is always a level above where it was previously.

Back
Top Bottom