Fav amp after Cygnus 2.0

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Just curious as to what people are using. , what are your Favourites 5 amps if you only had those
Also curious did your favourites change after 2.0 ?

I think many of the amps definitely sound and feel a bit different after the latest updates and because of this I started going back through many of the models I have skipped over in the past , that sound phenomenal now ,one case the Marshall JVM Orange what a killer model

1959SLP for sure.

RV50.

Gets a little murky after that. Lots of exploring still to do, and I find there a lot of amps I'd be happy with if that's all I had. Just stumbled on the Triple Crest - that's very nice. Atomic is crazy cool, but I still haven't put it into a setlist.

Devon Townshend's GoT preset with Herbie is awesome.

I'm really liking the class-A/Top Boosty amps. Will likely go in on one of them, maybe Hot Kitty.

Band Commander.

1959SLP for sure.

RV50.

Gets a little murky after that. Lots of exploring still to do, and I find there a lot of amps I'd be happy with if that's all I had. Just stumbled on the Triple Crest - that's very nice. Atomic is crazy cool, but I still haven't put it into a setlist.

I'm really liking the class-A/Top Boosty amps. Will likely go in on one of them, maybe Hot Kitty.

Band Commander.
The Triple Crown was actually one of my favs , I honestly have not checked it out yet in the latest update

For the class A Voxy stuff check out the Matchless DC30 it very good now

I have always used the DC30. And I remember, I'd just bought a new guitar - one 5x the price of any guitar I'd ever owned, and at the same time, I happened to do this FW upgrade. I remember thinking Man this guitar is awesome - it sort of "pushes back" and I have more of an interactive feeling with it. Well, just this past week or so, I played my old guitar, and realized, it wasn't the guitar that felt so awesome - it was the modeling, because I am now having the same experience with the "cheap" guitar!

My Collings hollow body is having a love affair with the Super Verb Vibrato Channel (Scene 1). That preset has a lot of great tone and feel, and interacts with the volume knob very well.

Brit Studio 20
6CA7J
AC20
Hook
Trainwreck Liverpool

My top 5 for the moment, subject to change of course. The Hook has been revisited, fell off the list but now it’s back. I use the same IR’s and speaker curves on all of these so they sound somewhat similar. My favorite changes are the thump and the Klon drive. I’m a classic blues based rock player and these amps all do that pretty well.

The Triple Crown was actually one of my favs , I honestly have not checked it out yet in the latest update

For the class A Voxy stuff check out the Matchless DC30 it very good now
I am absolutely loving Andy Wood's GoT with my Suhr Classic T. Class-A 30 TB.

I'll def check out the DC30.

1959SLP for sure.

RV50.

Band Commander.
How come the 1959SLP over the 100W Plexi? I need to try that one again, I always default to the 100W!

The 800s. Still great. All of them.

The Devin Townsend GOT with the Herbert Ch. 3 is really nice.

Built a Prince Tone Preset to mimic Robbie Blunt's work on Plant's Principle Of Moments.

Recto 2
with a Boost to tighten it up.

Euro/Bogner Ecstasy . Marshall-esque with a little more beef.

100Watt Plexis. All of them. Marshalls are my jam!

1 jvm410hjs ( i own 2 heads)
2 Herbert
3 5150
4 soldano slo
5 mark iv
These were my favourite also before.. The main thing has changed to me is the impulse response and new parameters available in the cab block ( thump for example). Now 90% of ir i own ( i ve bought a lot from every seller) works very well with obvious different flavours.. Before 90% were unusable for me.. If this update was release before i d saved lot of money :)

Back
Top Bottom