Fatty 8 String Mix

df88

Fatty 8 string song I recently recorded; tones using Axe Fx 2 and cubase 6.5. Im new to mixing so any tips are appreciated (other than lower the bass - I know Im overdriving those frequencies a bit so test your headphones). I spent a long period of trying to find a one shot Axe patch that I thought was thick enough for the tone I wanted but never quite came through; I gave up obsessing with tone and just went with what I had.
Cheers

If you're wanting to use that bass flub as a nuance or ambient feature, perhaps you want to do a separate track with that all by itself. It may allow you to give the riff tone more body, more balance between instruments/elements, and a greater spaciousness overall.

If you're wanting to use that bass flub as a nuance or ambient feature, perhaps you want to do a separate track with that all by itself. It may allow you to give the riff tone more body, more balance between instruments/elements, and a greater spaciousness overall.

It was a separate track but yes I agree it should sit better in the mix; I want to try for some more mids in the tone without making it muddy so I will eventually re-record the whole thing.

Mids dont tend to make things muddy.
Sounds cool. I like where you are going with this sound.
Thanks for posting the clip.

Mids dont tend to make things muddy.
Sounds cool. I like where you are going with this sound.
Thanks for posting the clip.

Probably bad / unexperienced mixing habits. It seems to clean a little with the Axe though when I cut them a bit. Too much gain may be the culprit is what I am starting to think.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom