FATTEN YOUR TONE

shayne202

stumbled across a cool little trick to fatten my tone. give it a go to see if it works for you. i simply added a blank shunt on a different grid line then linked it up (in and outs) to my main line of amps,cabs etc.

doesnt that just increase the overall volume?

haha, yes it does :D more is more! lol. well I guess it depends on what block you "parallellize" with. If you parallell shunt a compressor on 100% or a drive pedal at 100% etc. you get a mix of the original signal as is you selected the mix to 50%, but I think it will be different too, like 100% mix on drive pedal + "former block signal" = 200% total mix or something.

It's an easy trick to do which can result in.. great results. Worth trying if you've never parallelled before :)

EDIT: but FATTER tone? not for certain. It all depends on what block etc. Maybe fatter as in bigger as in louder? :p

your probably right however i do notice more girth and body around my notes with very little volume increase

stumbled across a cool little trick to fatten my tone. give it a go to see if it works for you. i simply added a blank shunt on a different grid line then linked it up (in and outs) to my main line of amps,cabs etc.

Yeah, this just increases volume. Sometimes it's convenient to do in a preset but you can also just set mix to 50% and turn up the level on the block to achieve the same result.

Don't know why you would need to do that? there's so many ways to fatten your tone for days in the Amp parameters

Back
Top Bottom